elmuerte

Zero Punctuation

I didn't think the character in image 101 was weird, well, not weirder than the disappearing floss of death between head and body

Mass Effect.

This must have been the fastest review so far (fast as in speaking fast).

I dislike long dialogs in games.

Mass Effect.

This must have been the fastest review so far (fast as in speaking fast).

I dislike long dialogs in games.

Nice ending song. Haven't heard that tune in a long time :tup:

Also, my Shepard is named, in honour of Zero Punctuation, "I say"... sadly, it hasn't come into use.

Also, my Shepard is named, in honour of Zero Punctuation, "I say"... sadly, it hasn't come into use.

Have been doing that too lately.

I named my Shepherd "Frau". As in Frau Shepherd. She's a bit of a nazi you see.

Pretty fair review. He's right about RPG fans probably liking the dialogue, because I do.

Game dialog writers still have to figure out how to say more (much more) with less (much, much, MUCH less).

I think it gets like 5% better per generation. Mass Effects' dialog is already much more tolerable than some of the drivel RPGs had 10 years ago, but it's still ridiculously bloated.

I guess they'll get it down pat somewhere in 2080. :shifty:

I agree that it is still bloated, but at least it is much more enjoyable to experience. Props to the dialogue writers and voice actors.

I haven't played Mass Effect yet so I can't comment on that, but I think The Witcher for example has nicely short dialogue for an RPG. Maybe even too short. It's also bad occasionally, but that's not the point.

I haven't played Mass Effect yet so I can't comment on that, but I think The Witcher for example has nicely short dialogue for an RPG. Maybe even too short. It's also bad occasionally, but that's not the point.

Played the demo earlier in the week and dialogue struck me as pretty consistently rubbish. Especially when they have supposedly olde-worlde characters calling each other "babe" for fuck's sake.

His reviews are still lame... They're entertaining, sure, but no-one should ever make a buying decision based on one.

Mass Effect's was particularly lame; in between the jokes was the message: If you like this sort of thing, then you'll like this sort of thing and if you don't, you wont. :fart:

Gee, thanks for that insight :tup:

Still, glad to see that just about everyone is having the same feeling about GH3. Bring on Rock Band!

I don't recall Zero Punctuation being positioned as a buying guide either, though. Just comic relief in the face of all the multi-page review cluster fucks by people like IGN.

Plus I think it's rather unfair to dismiss his opinion (which is the comedy) as not holding any merit; it's what Zero Punctuation's all about.

So your reply is lame!

Indeed, Yahtzee's reviews aren't meant as a buying guide for games. They are only meant for entertainment. Which I believe on most occasions he has delivered.

Hmmm. They're just not very good reviews. They're just a guy bitching about a game, which to start off with was usually very funny and deserved. Then he gave a good review to Psychonauts and people complained, so now he just complains about every game he gets. Sometimes it's funny (GH3, but he still missed a lot of the reasons to hate it) and sometimes it's just strained (Super Paper Mario).

Plus there's something base about just enjoying someone complaining for the sake of it. Don't get me wrong, if I thought that his insights were spot on and he really let rip into something that genuinely deserved it, and he was STILL funny, then I'd think he was a genius (Charlie Brooker, anyone?). But it really doesn't take THAT much talent to just complain about things in an amusing manner for the sake of it... so I'm not that impressed.

I don't recall Zero Punctuation being positioned as a buying guide either, though.

So your reply is lame!

Well, I never actually said they were intended as "buying guides", I said that they shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone... which makes your post - Lame! :grin:

Well, I never actually said they were intended as "buying guides", I said that they shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone... which makes your post - Lame! :grin:

Why are you taking them so seriously?

Our arguments are often nice here, but this one does seem a bit brittle and pointless =)

Someone drop the H-bomb and get it over with!

So you are in a position to determine whether an argument is pointless or not?

Should we start to systematically erase the discussions you consider pointless?

hitler_bomb.png

So you are in a position to determine whether an argument is pointless or not?

Should we start to systematically erase the discussions you consider pointless?

hitler_bomb.png

Oh my, that bomb is perfect! Smilie!