Sign in to follow this  
Spaff

The new E3 will hereby be known as "E for All".....what?

free drugs on the door?

New consumer show named ‘E for All’

IDG has revealed the name for the new consumer show set to take place at the LA Convention Centre – the Entertainment for All Expo.

E for All is the result of a consumer competition to name the show, which was won by Dante Padre of California. It replaces the working moniker ‘GamePro Expo’.

E for All is scheduled for October 18th-20th at E3’s former home the LA Convention Centre and is endorsed by the ESA.

http://www.mcvuk.com/New-show-named-E-for-All

That's not quite true. The E3 Business and Media Expo is still called that, it's just in July. This is a consumer event created by IDG and is unconnected to E3 in any way.

Also, I can't imagine this "E for All" (ugh) expo being supported in full force by the industry.

Journalists have this impression that E3 existed only for them, but that's not the case. Its *real* purpose (or it was supposed to be, anyway) was for sales to do their thing. Also for developers to meet with publishers.

Unfortunately the influx of game managers from every GameStop in the world made it less and less useful for either of those two purposes, and now sales has its own events, and developers meet with publishers elsewhere.

I imagine this name might have originally been E4all, playing off E3 more explicitly (and cornily). I think I would have gone with E3:4: E for all, and all for E (With a Vengeance).

I imagine this name might have originally been E4all, playing off E3 more explicitly (and cornily). I think I would have gone with E3:4: E for all, and all for E (With a Vengeance).

Aye!

I reckon it's probably intended as a reference to the term "free for all", especially since it's a show that's open to the public.

In england E is what people call the drug Ecstacy.

I'm pretty sure that's consistent across most English speaking countries.

"E for Everyone" would be an amazing name for it. Far less of a failure than the attempt at a "free for all" pun.

Agreed, "E for Everyone" would be great. I wonder if that's copyrighted, though?

Well, I guess I should be in charge of the naming instead of this bozo (who wasn't actually in charge, he just won a contest, but whatever), eh?

no, in America they cal it "X" and then they cross their two index fingers together into an X symbol and look like twats.

all in all though it is a failure of a name, well done, i bet it cost them $10k to hire some stupid fucking cunts in annoying looking suits from a design agency called something ironic to make them a big document about why the name is awesome.

Don't make me link the press release that accompanied the Wii announcement...

Although "Wii" grew on me. E for All is just stupid and I doubt the same will happen.

I think I would have gone with E3:4: E for all, and all for E (With a Vengeance).

Live E or Die

no, in America they cal it "X" and then they cross their two index fingers together into an X symbol and look like twats.

all in all though it is a failure of a name, well done, i bet it cost them $10k to hire some stupid fucking cunts in annoying looking suits from a design agency called something ironic to make them a big document about why the name is awesome.

I've heard it as being called both here (us)

I've heard it as being called both here (us)
Yeah, me too, and I think calling it "E" is slightly more common usage where I live. But then I don't hang out with actual users, so they might call it "X" or "hey there country music, let's make out".

Agreed, "E for Everyone" would be great. I wonder if that's copyrighted, though?

Trademarked, not copyrighted. And probably not.

If is, in fact, also called E here.