Moosferatu

DS Games

Why do you need four copies?

CoM has a decent multiplayer mode which lets you tackle a dungeon with up to 3 other people (provided they also have carts; it doesn't support one-cart multiplayer).

Touch Detective is released this week. Woo!

Too bad I don't have any loose cash now... ;(

I'm new to the whole DS thing so think yourself lucky. I've still got to raise the money to get all the games I missed :fart:

Touch Detective doesn't seem to be getting the greatest reviews. I wonder how it really is. Has anyone here played it?

Touch Detective doesn't seem to be getting the greatest reviews. I wonder how it really is. Has anyone here played it?

As far as I can tell, they're just complaining that it's an adventure game. "Everything about this game is great, but it has illogical puzzles! Therefore, it gets a 6."

As far as I can tell, they're just complaining that it's an adventure game. "Everything about this game is great, but it has illogical puzzles! Therefore, it gets a 6."

This is similar to criticisms of Enchanted Arms (which I haven't played yet).

"It's great game but it's too linear and has random battles. Also, the protagonist has spiky hair".

Context!

I'm gonna get a DS for christmas, and I'm really excited!

There are so many cool games I'm dying to play! Electroplankton, Animal Crossing, Lost in Blue, Phoenix Wright, Another code... :clap:

Today I received PHOENIX WRIGHT 2 straight from Japa- Hong Kong. Thank you Play Asia and thank you Aussie Ben (for the tip)!

Also, the Japanese cover is approximately 200 times more beautiful than the fugly American one.

No worries! :tup: My copy arrived yesterday too. I went to a Nintendo party to play Wii for a couple of hours (won some local competition) and didn't get home until about midnight.

Then I notice Phoenix Wright 2 sitting there, and so I didn't get to bed until 3am. That Fransiska is a PSYCHO CRAZY LUNATIC WOMAN.

Or a foolish fool who foolishly follows foolish advice, if you prefer.

(Sorry for potential spoilers, I didn't even think of that - changed the post.)

Haha, this is pretty funny, because I went to a Nintendo thing too where I played with the Wii; some Zelda and Monkey Ball and Sports.

So the woman on the cover is a Von Karma? That's pretty interesting. That explains why she's whipping detective Gumshoe on the cover of the soundtrack. Don't tell me anything else though, I'd like to find out on my own =) It may take a while before I start playing because I've got other games to finish first and I want to savour this.

Dammit, where's the copy I preordered? Maybe the fact that Contact is in the package as well is adding some time to it. I guess it'll be arriving in a few days. Stupid shipping to Canada... :shifty:

meh. Who else here has played Contact? I haven't played it in a week or so mainly because I've been bogged down by a ton of school work, but I'm actually beginning to agree with the gamespot review. I was really loving it at first, but then it gets disappointingly repetitive.

I haven't played it much at all (Just did the monkey business), but it wasn't at all what I had expected.

I have REDISCOVERED New Super Mario Bros through its excellent multiplayer game! Mario vs Luigi in intense small-level battles for the stars! I'm having fun even when I'm losing, but the most fun is of course when you're battling against equals. It gets so incredibly heated and I am frequently laughing out loud from all the antics and unsuspected moves pulled off. Giddy!

My network isn't recognised by my DS which is pretty annoying since I really want to play Mario Kart on it... But hey, Christmas is coming up so maybe I'll ask for one of those USB Wifi things.

I've never played a Castlevania game before and am thinking of getting one. Which should I get? Dawn of Sorrow? Aria of Sorrow? Harmony of Dissonance? Circle of the Moon?

Dawn of Sorrow is awesome, but if you want value, there's always the double pack. That's got both Aria of Sorrow (Best of the GBA ones) and Harmony of Dissonance on it for about $35. (Canadian, calm down. Probably like $20-25 for you) Totally worth it.

Yeah, the double pack is really good. I got it immediately when they started to sell it.

I still need to hunt down Dawn of Sorrow someday, but it's so insanely expensive and quite rare also, I think.

Dawn of Sorrow is definitely one of my all-time favourite games. Very well designed and has a great plot, which draws you in and makes you want to complete the game "properly".

On a slight tanget; I was given Animal Crossing: Wild World as part of my leaving present this week when I changed jobs. (A copy of the original V for Vendetta graphic novel was the other part; quality.) I wasn't quite sure of it at first as the game starts very slowly. More people are moving into my village now, however, which is livening things up quite a bit. There are also new fish and insects appearing every day too, which makes aimlessly roaming around even more fun. Donating an example of each species to the local museum (rather than just selling them to help pay off your mortgage) makes for a surprisingly satisfying game mechanic. I also picked up my first Gyroid yesterday; I think my house will be filled with as many as I can find in all honesty--they're stupidly collectible.

It's safe to say that Animal Crossing: Wild World is completely unlike anything I've played before - and very 'zen' - and I'm beginning to understand why people might love it so much. When I get my wifi sorted out, fellow Thumbateers are welcome to come and visit!

I love the whole Castlevania series. Honestly, you can't go wrong with either of the Sorrows. Because Dawn is a loose sequel of Aria, it may be more fun if you first play the GBA Sorrow. Though Dawn is [technically] superior. Not by that much though, they are both made of awesome. I love how the story progressively gets a larger role. One aspect of Dawn that is extremely bad is the art style: instead of the beautiful, haunting paintings, we get a dull and tedious anime style for the characters. It's not a huge stumbling block, but a point of infinite sadness and a crack in the flawless prestige of the series.

I am anxiously awaiting Portrait of Ruin. It should take the series in a new direction, but I expect it to feel quite comfortable.