Kolzig

Alan Wake

Even with Remedy's impressive track record and demo scene roots, there's no way that'll run smoothly on my computer. Another reason to get a 360, because holy fucking tornado.

Vista and 360 exclusive? 360 exclusive, ok... vista exclusive? sounds like a bad move.

hmm... system specs are quite high... so I guess it'll take a while before it will be released for PC

It looks fucking gorgeous, but it looks no closer to being a game than it did last year. They've got the same lighting they had last year and now they've got some awesome physics and a dodgily animated player character. I call 2008, personally.

Kind of a semi-t-rex-arm posture when running. Loosen up, buddy!

PS: Looks really good all told. When it is actually a game, I will probably be too scared to play it. If they have a sandbox mode where you can mess with the weather forever, though, I'm in.

Those screenshots make it look as if the game is a cottage simulator. Needs more Muskoka chairs, though.

It surely is a nice environment engine. (Alan) Wake me when it's actually a game. :getmecoat

Those screenshots make it look as if the game is a cottage simulator. Needs more Muskoka chairs, though.

It surely is a nice environment engine. (Alan) Wake me when it's actually a game. :getmecoat

Ditto. Just because it looks nice doesn't mean it will be fun to play... :deranged:

Fuck, I've been waiting for this since they announced it. Way to remind me that it's still so far off. Dammit, I'm gonna go play Max Payne for a while or something.

I think Remedy has proven themselves in terms of gameplay already. There's no reason to be worried about that.

Yes, thank you for reminding us Thrik, there is a new Banjo Kazooie game on the way too!

Point taken though. I still have to play Grabbed By The Ghoulies and Kameo, but Rare's other recent offerings haven't been all that fantastic.

Yes, thank you for reminding us Thrik, there is a new Banjo Kazooie game on the way too!

Point taken though. I still have to play Grabbed By The Ghoulies and Kameo, but Rare's other recent offerings haven't been all that fantastic.

What "other"? Isn't that just about it, besides the Conker remake?

What "other"? Isn't that just about it, besides the Conker remake?

Perfect Dark Zero and StarFox Adventures also fall into the "after they were great" category from what I understand, although I'm told the latter is quite a decent game; it's just not normal StarFox. I also wasn't personally that keen on Donkey Kong 64 or Banjo-Tooie, and felt they were both a very defined notch below their predecessors.

welcom back trepido!

Oh and as many people said before in this thread: the engine looks pretty, but what about the gameplay?