Aussie Ben

...but they can DANCE!

Well, I only just found out about all of those little teaser promos that show the Rabbids trying to perform assorted tasks (like vaccuuming, playing soccer, and infilitrating a games convention centre ala Solid Snake). To me, these look hilarious, and I really can't wait for this game. People have pointed out that it now looks like a series of mini-games rather than an 'actual game', but to be honest, I couldn't care less - it looks like an absolute riot.

AAAAAAAAARRRGH!

"It's just a series of mini-games!!" was a typical GAF troll rant of the week that spread to other forums.

Heh, I've been collecting these things. I love the vids. Haven't seen the convention ones though, so thanks for the heads up. I'm surprised they aren't infiltrating a la Sam Fisher, instead of Solid Snake. For one thing, Ubisoft owns Splinter Cell, so they can get away with the rip off.

I actually think those videos are only mildly amusing, but I am quite looking forward to the new Rayman. Chances are it'll be the first game I buy for the Wii, barring disappointing reviews. The thing is; there's very little known about the game yet, we just have a tremendously cool image and feel of the game right now.

I can't stress how awesome and uplifting the marketing around Rayman has been. So blissfully unconcerned with graphics, factsheets or USP's, just concentrating on how much fun it'll be and how much love the company has for the game.

Miffy, there's also two special ones (one for the

and one for fireworks in
and
flavours) - bless you, YouTube. Dunno if you've seen those. (I don't remember seeing the eggs one!)

And Rodi, I think you're right - the company love seems to be the main reason that I'm getting so excited about this game. "Hey look, WE love this game! Surely you will too!" :tup:

Actually, now that I think about it, I remember them doing Rayman 3 teasers too, including one with a Harry Potter parody. You can unlock them in the game. It was something about "Rayman: Know Your Target" if I remember rightly, with various Hoodlums getting ready to attack Rayman.

The sheer volume of these little ridiculous clips makes them hilarious. I also dig the little moustache and the beret that the French fireworking rabbid for some reason sports.

I love those yelling red-eyed rabbits so much that I don't want to kill them. IMO, the dancing part spoils the clips, though.

Straight from the horses mouth: Raving Rabbids will be a collection of 'party games'. That's quite a shock for people who were definitely expecting a somewhat more cohesive adventure out of this. But the way Nintendo presented it sounded more like a Wario Ware type of thing to me; using the WiiMote in a variety of minigames all named like those movies (Bunnies can't jump), but always contricted to a single action instead of a seamless platforming/action orchestra.

Hmmm.

Yes, that one is awesome. That was the first I saw of the game, so needless to say I'm really pumped for it now. Every time they scream, I fall a little more in love with the bunnies. (that can't be a healthy sign...) Hadn't seen the egg one before. Sweet stuff indeed.

Straight from the horses mouth: Raving Rabbids will be a collection of 'party games'. That's quite a shock for people who were definitely expecting a somewhat more cohesive adventure out of this. But the way Nintendo presented it sounded more like a Wario Ware type of thing to me; using the WiiMote in a variety of minigames all named like those movies (Bunnies can't jump), but always contricted to a single action instead of a seamless platforming/action orchestra.

Hmmm.

That would explain this jump rope screenshot.

I'm ok with this. In fact, I'm glad. I love that kind of games, and I'm hoping there's going to be multiplayer fun too. And that FPS mini-game with the plunger gun looks awesome!

It could be that I'm wearing crappy earphones right now, but I find those screams annoying. If they do that all the time in the game, I'll probably throw the wiimote at them.

It could be that I'm wearing crappy earphones right now, but I find those screams annoying. If they do that all the time in the game, I'll probably throw the wiimote at them.

... And something might happen.

Think about that. Throwing a ps2-controller, for example, usually just results in broken controller and/or screen, but with wiimote you could actually kill the rabbit.

I love those bunnies! :grin:

Who cares if it's minigames? As long as it's a fun game, the rest doesn't matter one bit! :mock:

Think about that. Throwing a ps2-controller, for example, usually just results in broken controller and/or screen, but with wiimote you could actually kill the rabbit.

:yep::grin::tup:

... and the screen and the controller... but at least the rabbit will be dead. There ought to be a proper rabbitd smiley here. Until then...

konijnBunny.gif

I'm a little disappointed with the news, because even a fantastic collection of minigames will never appease my appetite like a big platform adventure can. Hopefully there'll be more to it, though. Perhaps and expansive overworld that serves as a hub to the various games.

I've actually never played Rayman 2, so I just recently eBayed it in anticipation of 4. If nothing else, that should keep me happy for platforming, and the bunnies should make me happy about the Wii.

Rabbid_rabbit.gif

How does it look? For some reason it seems to run at a different speed than the original file... ;(

Firefox has some trouble playing GIF's at a normal speed, instead speeding them up, if that's what you're refering to. Nice work, though you should round off the top of the head slightly.

I second that. Warioware was also "just a bunch of minigames" so to hell with all those who take this as a bad omen for the game.

Fantastic movie. It took a while but now I've gotten used to the idea of minigames. And I see that the style is so very succulent and there may ormay not be overarching themes and stories... yes, I'll take it please.

Weren't there 40 of these mad games?