Moosferatu

Bad Day LA Demo

Bad Day LA is one of those games I occasionally forget about totally, yet still claim to be really excited by. I'm downloading it now, thanks for the heads up.

Been looking for something new to play, Oblivion's post-plot missions are only good for about 5 minutes of distraction, lately. Thanks for the good news!

This game is mind-numbing pain made flesh.

Fun premise, horrendous execution.

I wouldn't say that it was that bad, but it certainly wasn't quite on the level that I'd expected. I still had a good time playing it.

Downloading now. I was really pumped about this when it was announced, but it's been so damn long I'd forgotten it existed.

:tmeh:

I'll give it another shot later on, but my first run was a bit iffy. I just don't like getting lost quite so much and having arbitrary walls all over the place. The sick kid went missing too, I gave up when his health hit zero, wherever he was...

can't wait to play it, already downloaded and installed it, but can't play it yet.

have to wait at least 8 damn hours....

I hope it's not as disappointing as Prey full game was compared to the demo.

I can't seem to get the demo to work. Every time I load it up I get the menu screen with people being shot and everything, but whenever I click on an option nothing happens. It makes a sound which makes me think it knows I'm clicking, it just doesn't want to do anything. Any ideas?

hmm... quite some things that could have been done better if you ask me.

the voice acting is quite horrible

Well, well, maybe I had too high expectations about this game.

Man, what a bad demo. ;(

hmm.. BDLA contains adware from Double Fusion :(

by the looks of it it is only used to keep track of your game session, no ads are downloaded (yet)

Every demo is an ad. Adware tracks something that happens on your computer and reports back to home base.

the DEMO contains ads? I wont be trying this one.

Not yet, and maybe it never will. But it will track your gaming sessions. Unless you block *.doublefusion.com in your firewall.

But I'm sure the full game will get in-game ads. And I doubt they will be in style.

brkl you are so negative these days ;)

i played the demo for ...like 5 minutes before it became superapparent that.. well it was a bit shite really.

It depresses me. like everyone else I hoped for alittle bit more.

I'm gonna give it a full play session, because I think I owe it that much, but.. at the moment it's loolking ugly, poorly executed and boring. Something I wish I didnt have to say :(

I hope I change my mind!!!

...still haven't been able to get the damn thing to work. :shifty:

did you install both xvid and the windows media audio 9?

ayup. Again, it loads up just fine but it won't let me past the opening menu. I can't even click on "Quit." Nothing registers. I have to go into task manager just to close the fucker.

I stopped downloading the demo because this thread dissuaded me. I was really looking forward to this game and I don't want to be disillusioned by actually playing it.

I did start thinking though about the potential of a game set entirely on a highway, and how long that would remain tolerable. And the game Spector used to talk about that would take place in one city block, that'd be interesting too.

Wait what am I talking about now? Never mind.

Well, thanks to the response from people in this thread to the demo, I've stopped caring whether or not the thing actually works. For the best, I guess. Instead of playing Bad Day LA, I just hooked up my N64 and played a bit of Conker's Bad Fur Day. An evening well wasted. :tup:

Heh. Reading over the weekend's Something Awful posts right now, and thought this would fit well in the thread:

Bad Day LA is brought to us by American McGee, a man whose primary claim to fame and continual press coverage is his unique name. Well, either that or the handful of average to completely forgettable titles he's worked on in a producer/lead designer capacity. His first such game was billed as American McGee's Alice, which was something of an oddity since designers don't slap their names on game titles until after they've actually accomplished something and let it get to their heads. One of the only game designers that truly deserves to put his name on everything he does is Tim Schafer, but if you head down to your local game store you won't come across Tim Schafer's Psychonauts and Tim Schafer's Grim Fandango. To be fair though, if Tim's name was Honkhonk Lookatmyname I'm sure he'd change his mind. That son of a bitch.

They seem to come to a very similar conclusion as the rest of you. Glad I gave up wasting my time to make it work.