Sign in to follow this  
Salka

The Massive List of Retro Games!

Ooooh, WarCraft ][ Tides of Darkness. I played that game with two of my best friends almost every weekend over our LAN. Hours and hours of good gameplay.

Same goes for Worms 2!

--Erwin

Hell yeah.... Worms 2 rocked !! I remember myself in deadly battles over money in the breaks of my primary school (that was worms one though)... anyways - it rocked !!! I think it is one of the best mulitplayer games ever....

Ugh. I'm ashamed to admit that The Simpsons: Bart vs the Space Mutants is one of the few games that somebody copied me years ago. I probably still have the disk somewhere. But I would never play it, because its so damn difficult!

Aye. I was an extremely obsessive gamer and wouldn't stop, no matter how hard the game, until I had completed it. I think I completed X-Quest, too, but I can't remember. The only reason I stopped BvsTSM was because the Disk stopped working. In fact, that's the only reason I stopped playing Doom II over and over again, and why I never played Cruise for a Corpse. Because our version had dodgy diskettes and we forgot to get it replaced. How I hated those damn disks. Always breaking.

Come to think of it, I was an extremely unlikely girl.

@bobodonkey: is flight of the amazon queen good? i got it on a dvd somewhere in my room but never played it...

@bobodonkey??? Don't speak like that, people will think you are unsophisticated.

As for Amazon Queen™, its brilliant. But you will need ScummVm 6 if you want to play it.

Hell yeah.... Worms 2 rocked !! I remember myself in deadly battles over money in the breaks of my primary school (that was worms one though)... anyways - it rocked !!! I think it is one of the best mulitplayer games ever....

Worms 2 is the only game in which I don't mind losing. I've got a reputation of killing my own team and you don't want to know the variety of countless suicides I performed. And I laughed my ass off about it every time.

--Erwin

worms!!! omg i forgot worms in my listing! worms!

we played every single part at school.

worms 1 in the first class.

then me and a friend always played worms 2 in programming and database stuff, while the others where working. worms 2 + alt/tab. soooo cool.

next game was worms armageddon on a very small (and lame...) laptop of a friend...6 people around a little gadget...woooohooooo

then some people got better laptops --> worms world party!!!

and now in the fifth grade --> worms 3d on newer and faster laptops!!!

worms. awesome! i don't know what i'd have done at school without worms. even thinking about a live without worms is horrrrrible.

hmm, don't know if anyone mentioned these...

Joust

Bubble Bobble

Mick and mack global gladiators - i didn't really like this, but I did... really

:dopefish:

Wuhuuu - Joust - great game. It was actually kind of revolutionizing in it's time. Because untill then all games had some kind of shoot-weapon. In joust you had to joust....

Because untill then all games had some kind of shoot-weapon.

Tell that to Pac-Man, Frogger, & Mario in Donkey Kong.

OK, who can tell me the name of the top down, tabletop cabinet, 4 player (steering wheel on each of the table's 4 sides) racing car arcade game where you bought upgrades for your vehicle etc. Would have been out around 1990, and probably made by SEGA, but no promises on that.

Ah, I just remembered one. Atomic Bomberman. I was hooked on that game. Hooked like a fish on heroin.

Bugbomber.

Only ever had a demo disk of it for the Amiga - but it was utterly stunning. In fourplayer mode, with your mates crowded round your Amiga - sheer gaming bliss. Basically it was Bomberman with various tweaks, your character had the ability to place blocks, fire laser bolt things that would attack creatures they could see, lay mines etc.. levels were populated with purple eggs that would hatch nasty beasties, UNLESS you laid you OWN eggs which could contain painting creatures that would go round changing the allegiance of unhatched eggs to your team...

4 player games on harder difficulty levels would kick off with each player frantically walling himself into a little layer, and then dealing with the deluge of purple eggs that would materialise (they had to be blown up with bombs, or painted to your colour before hatching). Once the purple eggs ceased appearing, each surviving player was then free to unleash their own individually coloured army onto the playing area (which by this point would be covered with mines, enemy robots and various pickups).

ISTR a PC version too..

Other games I spent too much time playing :

F-19 Stealth Fighter (Amiga)

: sort of like Tornado in the sense that avoiding conflict was the main idea, creeping along at about 30ft above ground level, flying as slowly as possible with the nose of the F19 tilted up to stop you from stalling while patrolling MiGs fly past directly overhead, oblivious... oh.. joy.. MGS in a plane :)

Birds of Prey (Amiga)

: another sick flight sim, with about a billion different planes, and missions ranging from the usual CAP, to cargo drops in a C-130 and edge-of-the-atmosphere test piloting in a X-5 rocket plane.. fun!

Cruise for A Corpse (Amiga)

: someone mentioned this earlier, absolutely beautiful point and clicker, by Delphine (chaps who did Another World, bow down!) bloody difficult in places, but generally splendid - with the most gorgeous intro I'd ever /seen/ at the time.

Lotus Turbo Challenge 2 (Amiga)

: 2 player split screen racing action. Get down.

Supercars 2 (Amiga)

: Utterly glorious 1-2 player action top down racing with weaponry, CPU opponents, stunt tracks, upgradeable cars, and bizarre between-race "comm screen" quiz sections where depending on the answers given you could either win or lose lots of cash.

Carrier Command (Amiga)

: Ahh, blend strategic resource mangement with laser blasting twitch game skills in a quest to take over an island chain, and destroy your identical twin carrier that went EVIL. Masterpiece.

There are more I could put here, but it'll turn into a solid page of dewy-eyed Amiga nostalgia (cannon fodder/chaos engine/speedball 2/Alien Breed) Greatest game console /ever/.

We can't seriously have two pages of stuff on classic games without anyone mentioning Elite, now can we?

I'm probably just tired. Someone must have mentioned it earlier. Yeah.

Although I bet they didn't have a link to the "Dark Wheel" novella that was included in the box with it though :)

heh

Lotus Turbo Challenge 2 (Amiga)

: 2 player split screen racing action. Get down.

Supercars 2 (Amiga)

: Utterly glorious 1-2 player action top down racing with weaponry, CPU opponents, stunt tracks, upgradeable cars, and bizarre between-race "comm screen" quiz sections where depending on the answers given you could either win or lose lots of cash.

Carrier Command (Amiga)

: Ahh, blend strategic resource mangement with laser blasting twitch game skills in a quest to take over an island chain, and destroy your identical twin carrier that went EVIL. Masterpiece.

Best. All of them. Although the comm screens on Supercars 2 made me weep, more often than not, because I'd be doing brilliantly only to get the "police" one. Argh! I think I only managed to avoid a massive fine on one occasion.

Carrier Command was great too, a really early example of RTS. If anyone suddenly wants to play it, grab the DOS version from 1988 off The Underdogs - it works under XP! Now that's compatibility!

Greatest game console /ever/.
A serious computing tool, surely! :partyhat:

Has anyone mentioned Lemmings yet?

I actually went out and bought that a couple of days ago, along with 3D Lemmings and Lemmings Paintball. Excellent stuff...

Is Lemmings 3D really great? I loved all the Lemmings 2D games, including The Tribes, but at the time it came out I saw it as a burly man rape of the series. Isn't the interface really clumsy?

And how is Lemmings Paintball? Is it good?

Hunter ...

-for the amiga - great game - fantastic graphic - a whole world - different for every new game.. wuhuuuu

anyone remember this...?

my only sorrow is that you really need to save the game, because it is so big - which is quite difficult on an emulator... two years ago, anyway...

Hunter was frigging awesome game!

I played it all the time when I had it on Amiga.

Is Lemmings 3D really great? I loved all the Lemmings 2D games, including The Tribes, but at the time it came out I saw it as a burly man rape of the series. Isn't the interface really clumsy?

And how is Lemmings Paintball? Is it good?

I'm speaking from very little experience of 3D Lemmings and Lemmings Paintball, but from what I can gather 3D Lemmings is just like Lemmings, but with a slightly clumsy interface (not that bad, I promise!), while Lemmings Paintball has little or nothing to do with Lemmings.

Worth getting as a pack, though...