Sign in to follow this  
Spaff

Shadow Grounds

Whilst pissing about on Steam I discovered this lilttle game:

http://shadowgroundsgame.com/new/

it's nothing super special, but it uses new technology to create an old skool kind of top down game in the same vein as Alien Breed or The Chaos Engine. It's also reminiscent of Neo Contra, the best game ever ¬¬.

Oh and it has 4 player co-op on one pc too.

I was interested enough to get the demo, I've not played that much of it - 5 minutes- but it seems interesting for fans of those kind of games. It's not going to blow anyone's mind but it looks amusing and fun :):tup:

shadowgrounds_screenshot_2006_04_06_04_800.jpg

Shadow Grounds is really a nice little game. It's kind of short, kind of simple and a lot of fun. Definitely worth the 20 bucks.

I got quickly bored with Shadowgrounds, yay for the developers being Finnish, but I just didn't get the *Alien Breed* feeling from it that I originally wanted.

ugh... great... the demo crashes when I press escape. Guess I may not escape it. But for the rest it's just another one of those games.

screw this... the demo crashes every couple of minutes

Hmmm... I saw the trailer and was intrigued when I bought SiN. I may try it out sometime soon.

Try allien swarm, the game ekkri shows that rather big screenshot of. It's better executed and comes closer to allien breed or the chaos engine. Also it's free! (If you have unreal tournament 2004)

I wonder how far they are porting it to the source engine...