Salka

Post You Pic Thread

n1319610342_1639769_4902.jpg

The nun on the left is myself. The nun on the right is Chris. We were winged battle nuns for Halloween a year or two ago.

The only other decent online photo I have of T is this one [snip]

...but now I have a flashy new camera phone! So here's a shot of T in his baby bath last week:

babytbathtimenw3.th.jpg

Baby T is the official Idle Thumbs baby.

Also, it amazes me to no end how he can already look so British.

Does that mean we can rename him?

I have so many great baby names, but will not be going down that path for many years to come (if at all).

Does that mean we can rename him?

I have so many great baby names, but will not be going down that path for many years to come (if at all).

Well, T is number three for the Vania family, so, what with middlenames* as well, we're pretty much named out. :yep:

* Actually, T has my first name as his middlename (cute!) so we kinda cheated there. And his eldest sister's first name is a variation of Mrs V's middlename.

...but now I have a flashy new camera phone! So here's a shot of T in his baby bath last week:

babytbathtimenw3.th.jpg

That's just cuteness overload (and he's a red head too :)). grayheart.gif

It's cute when a kid gets his father's name as his middle name? Just kinda tradition in my family. I got that, so did my dad, his dad, etc. Never really thought of it as cute before.

As T is the thumbs baby, I'm not going to bother with the campaign to rename him and just always assume that the T does in fact stand for Thumbs until it is proven to me that this is untrue. Long live baby Thumbs!

As T is the thumbs baby, I'm not going to bother with the campaign to rename him and just always assume that the T does in fact stand for Thumbs until it is proven to me that this is untrue. Long live baby Thumbs!

I kinda prefer "Transyl" :P

I'm assuming that is Miyamoto's Mii on the t-shirt, it's not that good he needs more wrinkles on the face.

It has more wrinkles than you can make out in that photo.

Presumptuous Ginger!

DSC00109.jpg

Kenty, who sometimes pokes his vole head up on the forums, me, being as normal, quiet and composed as ever, and some ten year old girl who will never be the same again.

TIME FOR RESURRECTION TIME

efteling.jpg

Here's me to-day visiting the Efteling, the Netherlands' gloriously unique fairytale theme park in a world of franchises. The Efteling builds a big new thing every few years, expanding the park with expensive and cool productions. Yet, for my money, nothing will ever beat the Fata Morgana dark-ride from 1986. This 25-year-old ride in which you sit in a slow-moving boat going through lusciously designed and animated Arabian landscapes morphing from exotic to lustrious to cruel and frightening scenes is nothing short of magical. For all its simplicity, it is truly like entering a dream. There's nothing else like it.

If you're inclined to see it right now, here's a Youtube vid:

. But mind that it by no means offers any of the real attraction of sitting in that boat. If you're in the neighbourhood, I strongly recommend visiting the Efteling and checking it out for yourself, if you're into unique and atmospheric rides.

Huh. So we have two of these threads?

Here's me with that writer I go on about so much, the lovely Jane Espenson, a few months ago:

JaneEspenson.jpg

(Apologies if I've posted this before.)

Here's me all on my own a few days before the last pic.

meet.jpg

They were very nice pics, and a great story too. But oops, I didn't know there was another photo thread, one possibly newer than this one? I did a search and this came up.