adfegg

Grrr! Double Fine's website is restricted!

I got a reply:

Ed, For a brief moment in time I believed you. How could you lie to me!? Our brief friendship is over, sadly. Nonetheless, I promise to continue working on Psychonauts until it runs on your Xbox 360. I just hope I can finish it before you expire.

Sincerely,

Alan Stuart

Emulation Ninja, Psychonauts Fan

Xbox 360 Team

THEY HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR. Wonderful. :yep:

As my request was not so much in the joke department, the response I got was more:

Thanks Peter. Your words are very encouraging. We are working on Psychonauts, I promise.

Sincerely,

Alan Stuart

Emulation Ninja

Xbox 360 Team

I feel kinda bad for this guy, if he's the one who has to go through every damn email that gets sent along to them.

Ben,

I love Grabbed too! It is a sleeper hit.

We are working on Psychonauts, I promise. Hang in there.

Sincerely,

Alan Stuart

Emulation Ninja

Xbox 360 Team

It's official: The Xbox 360 emulation team is AWESOME. (Don't tell me he was lying about either comment, it will shatter the illusion.)

Is that a reference to Grabbed By the Ghoulies? I saw it used and cheap recently, and was quite tempted. Rare's recent work hasn't really impressed me though. Any good?

Well, I'm a bit of a Rare nut, so I'm probably biased, but I liked it. (In contrast, I didn't like the remake of Conker, but I liked the original. Go figure.) Not good playing it for hours on end, but nice in short bursts. It actually reminds me of old beat-em-ups like Double Dragon and Streets of Rage, believe it or not. Also, the final boss is a loony man who runs around in his pyjamas and fighter plane goggles, whilie whacking you with a staff and shrieking "TALLY-HO!". And there's a Scottish groundskeeper who says plenty of suggestive sayings like "Pet my piglet", "Peel my potatoes", "Pinch my plums", and so on.

In short: Not the Best Game Ever, but hilarious for $5-$20 (depending on your country of origin - it's $20 here, which is insanely cheap). And you'll like Mr. Ribs.

But Rare's best work after 'the takeover', in my opinion, is Sabre Wulf. Seriously, it's brilliant.