Intrepid Homoludens

Just what ARE you playing right now?

Life is such a badly designed game. I mean, you can walk off a cliff and die! And it has dead ends and mazes! And you can't even save.

Life sucks.

--Erwin

Ha! Funny. I'm going to be quoting you in my sigs everywhere now.

Continuing my policy of playing good games well after they are released, I am in the middle of Starcraft right now. But I'm not really into it. I've already played Warcraft III which I wasn't that keen on and it looks like that was copied directly from Starcraft. So it's like I've played it already. And the music is TERRIBLE.

On my PS2 I'm playing Need For Speed Underground. I like this a lot even though you race the same course over and over again. Maybe it's because of the soundtrack. Or the girls that surround your car when you win.

Other games I have but have not started:

Half-Life

Deus Ex 2

Morrowind

Zork Nemesis

Burnout 2

1.)Battlefield 1942

2.)Monkey Island 2

3.)The Longest Journey

4.)Ghost Recon

5.)Hidden and Dangerous 2

Just finished:

Syberia II

Now playing:

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis

Midnight Club II

GTA III

I'm just done playing Mafia and, fucking jesus, this game is SOOOOOOOO frustrating.

So frustating, in fact, that sometimes, at night, I wake up, load the game, play the extra-free mode and I drive for a few minutes litterally bedazzled by how Lost Heaven is looking and then break in tears just by remembering that the freedom that is promised to me is just totally fake.

Die, you stupid screenwriters!You'd better do a movie than a game!

I just finished Beyond Good and Evil.... Fantastic game....

the thing in the last battle with the arch-bad-arse - when he says "Your losing control with your spirit - and the controls become opposite - that is a great way to incorporate the player to what accually happens to the main-character of the game - very very nice thought out...... And did you see the credits to the end... *spoiler coming* dandandaan.... Where Pey'j discovers a Doomz thingie on his forearm... what a cliffhanger.. there must be a sequel.... it is quite a classical element of endnings... a good ending and then BAM - somethings wrong.. uh oh... The end....

Reminds me of the (rather lousy ending) of Godzilla - the hollywood version...

Now I play American Mcgees Alice and Gish............ I seem to playing a lot more now than usueal... also ... I study to the exams - so i need the distraction...

1. Rise of Nations - With a little more charicter it could of been the greaist thing ever, but as is it is the closeist to perfection that an RTS has ever come.

2. Ico time number two

3. Triptych - oddest idea ever for a puzzle game, and thats saying alot.

4. StarCraft

5. Life, and failing misrably :mock:\

Oh, and I probably get into gish but my computer can't take it.

I'm (or was) playing THIEF: the Dark Project.

I'm at 3rd mission - the tomb raid one

I liked the first two missions very much, but the increasing zombie-to-human ratio is disturbing.

What gives????? I thought this was supposed to be First-Person-Sneaker. It's more like First-Person-Kill-Zombies-With-HolyWater-Arrows-And-Run-Like-Hell-When-You're-All-Out.

I just finished Beyond Good and Evil.... Fantastic game....

the thing in the last battle with the arch-bad-arse - when he says "Your losing control with your spirit - and the controls become opposite - that is a great way to incorporate the player to what accually happens to the main-character of the game - very very nice thought out...... And did you see the credits to the end... *spoiler coming* dandandaan.... Where Pey'j discovers a Doomz thingie on his forearm... what a cliffhanger.. there must be a sequel.... it is quite a classical element of endnings... a good ending and then BAM - somethings wrong.. uh oh... The end....

Reminds me of the (rather lousy ending) of Godzilla - the hollywood version...

Now I play American Mcgees Alice and Gish............ I seem to playing a lot more now than usueal... also ... I study to the exams - so i need the distraction...

Use the spoiler tags, punk. :ratched:

1) CoH (damn I'm addicted! I'm Swash Buckler if anyone else plays)

2) Gunbound (gotta love all those youngn's; I'm slugmonkie)

3) Freedom Fighters

4) Warcraft III

Use the spoiler tags, punk. :ratched:

Ahh - there is a spoiler tag - how very quaint.... lets try :spoiler: nope that didn't work... hmm lets see...

Ok - but it wasn't a big spoiler anyway... okay maybe it was ... argh sorry

Ahh - there is a spoiler tag - how very quaint.... lets try :spoiler: nope that didn't work... hmm lets see...

Ok - but it wasn't a big spoiler anyway... okay maybe it was ... argh sorry

Hint: you can find them by pressing the spoiler tag button in the toolbox above the text field...

like so

I'm (or was) playing THIEF: the Dark Project.

I'm at 3rd mission - the tomb raid one

I liked the first two missions very much, but the increasing zombie-to-human ratio is disturbing.

What gives????? I thought this was supposed to be First-Person-Sneaker. It's more like First-Person-Kill-Zombies-With-HolyWater-Arrows-And-Run-Like-Hell-When-You're-All-Out.

Go find Thief 2: The Metal Age, then. I think there's only one level with a cameo zombie appearance...

I'm playing "boktai" the game on gameboy advance that uses a solar sensor. Its pretty great. Half metal gear, half zelda, pure goodness.

And I'm replaying CMI, that game's damn funny.

Lol! Actually, for any Amiga owners out there, Warblade is Deluxe Galaga for the PC -- made by the same guy but with a different title for legal reasons.
Does it have the same music?!

-Grim Fandango, again

-MI2, again

-Blade Runner

-Morrowind, for some reason

-Solitaire Ha ha ha.