Sign in to follow this  
Spaff

Captain Planet & Duke Nukem... WTF?

Whilst idly discussing Captain Planet with Yufster, as you do, I stumbled upon this incredible piece of information:

http://www.turner.com/planet/static/duke.html

It seems that Duke Nukem has another life! Retired from video games, he now annoys stupid little eco friendly children and their pimp.

and he was voiced by everyone's favourite Hologram - Dean stockwell. Here he is pointing.....

dstockwell.gif

also this site provides the best comic of all time, no nonsense, no need for actual content, just a beginning, a middle and an end where captain planet busts the bad guy before he's even done anything wrong... saves time i guess.

power_ctoon.gif

You know they say something about leaving stuff to the imagination being sexier. That, like, a picture of a girl dressed provocatively is sexier than a picture of an entirely naked girl. Woman.

That comic works on this principle, I think.

Also, here's what I thought you were talking about:

comic.gif

Captain Comic!

Not just ANYwhere, but SOMEwhere!!! on a dark street.

He submits readily to Duke's tyranny and takes insults like "Leadhead" or "Leadbrain" without flinching.

His name is Leadsuit and he wears a suit made of Lead, what does he expect? Really? I'd be far more cheesed off if I made such a blatant effort to be associated with lead, and people called me 'Ironface' or something. Or 'Cheeseface'. That would be insulting because it would insinuate his face smells like cheese and not just lead.

Ahhh the leady scent of lead. :shifty:

Captain Planet was probably the worst hero ever. I don't even think he was a real captain. I like those comics though.

You don't think lead smells? Didn't you ever try making Lead Soldiers?

Captain Planet was a real Captain, and he has a Ph.D in Crop Rotation and/or Sustainable Yield.

... and he has a Ph.D in Crop Rotation and/or Sustainable Yield.
Who doesn't?

That first comic Spaff posted is seriously the best. Very to-the-point.

Also, when your entire existence relies on whether five dumbass kids with magic rings can be bothered enough to go fight pollution you are a shit superhero.

My god! The more you look, the funnier it becomes!

Check out Captain Planet's Eco-Tips! The first one being:

Start a Carpool!

That's right, kids! Think before you drive to work!

The other tips are just as useful for the tots of today!

You don't think lead smells? Didn't you ever try making Lead Soldiers?

Captain Planet was a real Captain, and he has a Ph.D in Crop Rotation and/or Sustainable Yield.

If you mean did I ever try melting down some lead and pouring into a soldier mould, then the answer is no. I did however play with Games Workshop figures when they were still lead. Or maybe they were only half lead. In any case I only think they smelt of anything if you gave them a good sniff, I'd be worried if there were people going up to Leadsuit and sniffing his face.

And if he really is a captain, then where's his captains hat?

Oh, lead soldiers are awesome.

I don't know about the hat, Captain Comic never had a Captain Hat either and he was a real captain.

I think Super heroes throw around titles like Captain a bit carelessly. I suppose Captain Planet was a Captain. I don't think Captain America was a Captain. Villians with titles such as Professor or Doctor I should think actually obtained their prefix properly, not just decided one day that they wanted to be Captain.

Guns don't solve problems and they don't kill people either, so I wonder why people are still using them? They sound pretty useless to me.

--Erwin

Heart was such a crappy power, he really got shafted there. I mean, one person can shoot fire, one can make earthquakes, one has control of wind and can make tornadoes, and the other one has control over water. All he could do was make animals not angry. Although he did get a monkey, that was kinda cool.

Captain Planet...I loved that show. It was just so funny, even when I was 8 or whatever when it was on, I knew it was Eco-Propaganda. And Whoopi is in it Ha Ha!

Captain Planet is my classes homecoming theme, although they didn't get its ridiculious-ness. 'Twas fun seeing some Hippies get into it though...

(/sidetrack)

(/offtopic)

If you mean did I ever try melting down some lead and pouring into a soldier mould, then the answer is no. I did however play with Games Workshop figures when they were still lead. Or maybe they were only half lead. In any case I only think they smelt of anything if you gave them a good sniff, I'd be worried if there were people going up to Leadsuit and sniffing his face.

Or chew him a bit.

DANGER! Leadsuit is not a toy! :shifty:

Oh, lead soldiers are awesome.

Sometimes they are the only way to get quality sipahi in the correct scale too.