schepton

Your favorite Monkey Island? (not a serious thread, go away!)

Which is your Favorite Monkey Island Game?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your Favorite Monkey Island Game?

• Secret of Monkey Island
    • Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
    • Curse of Monkey Island
    • Escape from Monkey Island

I agree about Ron Gilbert, but Gene Roddenbery still kicks his ass any time of the day.

Yes, I'm afraid I have to agree on this one, Gene Roddenberry does kick ass.

Didn't I hear stuff a couple of years ago about new people taking over control of LucasArts, and they having intentions of going back to the roots and breathe life into old franchises and stuff, or was that just one of those dreams I have that were so non-spectacular I actually start thinking they really happened?

Well that's kind of what Simon Jeffery wanted to do when he was still President, but he's been gone for months now. Now they've got some LucasFilm suit filling the position until the company fades away ( :shifty: ), so you might as well forget about it.

Stuff like this is likely to make me becoma a bitter, lonely old man.

Well that's kind of what Simon Jeffery wanted to do when he was still President, but he's been gone for months now. Now they've got some LucasFilm suit filling the position until the company fades away ( :shifty: ), so you might as well forget about it.

I guess his ideas were too revolutionary for the shareholders.

There are no shareholders. George Lucas owns his companies.

George Lucas owns his companies.

Well, that explains a lot.

I watched raiders of the lost ark the other day.

Man.

george lucas really can't write for shit, can he? I'm amazed he's been as successful as he has, the jammy dodger.

No offense, but I'm almost tempted to close this thread

Probably should have done that. Too late now :P

I watched raiders of the lost ark the other day.

Man.

george lucas really can't write for shit, can he? I'm amazed he's been as successful as he has, the jammy dodger.

Well, he didn't write the screenplay.

His movies have never really been about brilliant writing, though, that's for sure.

Well, he didn't write the screenplay.

ok, that pretty much nullifies my comment, but still. I know his movies arn't expected to have sizzlingly good dialogue but surely even he should realise it was just plain bad.

I mean...hmm...i don't know if i can think of any of his films that wasn't afflicted by this. I once watched the phantom menace with the sound off and, you know what? I enjoyed it a hell of a lot more.

ok, that pretty much nullifies my comment, but still. I know his movies arn't expected to have sizzlingly good dialogue but surely even he should realise it was just plain bad.

I mean...hmm...i don't know if i can think of any of his films that wasn't afflicted by this. I once watched the phantom menace with the sound off and, you know what? I enjoyed it a hell of a lot more.

Fair enough. I still harbor love for the original Star Wars trilogy as well as Indiana Jones, but that's generally in spite of the writing rather than in any way because of it. Interesting point: Lucas got a Best Original Screenplay nomination in '77 for Star Wars. Crazy, eh?

yeah, don't get me wrong, i love the original trilogy and indiana jones but there sure are some stinkers in all of them.

Yes, I'm afraid I have to agree on this one, Gene Roddenberry does kick ass.
I wasn't actually serious though. :erm: I'm pretty frustrated with people who talk about "[insert some fairly creative dude]'s brilliant vision", and bitch about how nothing should ever waiver from that brilliantly inspired dream that person once had. Gene Roddenbery's work bleaks in comparison to what Dorothy Fontana, Ira Steven Behr or Michael Piller did for Star Trek. Ron Gilbert was a great designer, but so were all the SCUMMites who added so much detail to his games. People just need easily recognizable names so they can complain on forums about how his vision has been compromised or other such bullshit.

Sorry, I ranted there for a bit. It wasn't intended towards you.

I wasn't actually serious though. :erm: I'm pretty frustrated with people who talk about "[insert some fairly creative dude]'s brilliant vision", and bitch about how nothing should ever waiver from that brilliantly inspired dream that person once had. Gene Roddenbery's work bleaks in comparison to what Dorothy Fontana, Ira Steven Behr or Michael Piller did for Star Trek. Ron Gilbert was a great designer, but so were all the SCUMMites who added so much detail to his games. People just need easily recognizable names so they can complain on forums about how his vision has been compromised or other such bullshit.

Totally, man. That fucker Schafer is such a poser, too.

Tim Schafer should buy the rights to Monkey Island and make a sequel where Guybrush and Elaine have a kid who travels through time to Day of the Tentacle but then there's a mistake with the time machine and he dies but actually he's Mexican so he goes to the Land of the Dead and hangs out with Manny!@!!

That is the dumbest idea I have ever heard. It's probably dumber than this idea of mine.

Lucas got a Best Original Screenplay nomination in '77 for Star Wars. Crazy, eh?

I'm surprised the movie got all the award nominations it did, good thing Annie Hall was there to own its ass.

Couldn't agree more. Oh and I think you missed the intended sarcasm in my previous reply. :P