schepton

Your favorite Monkey Island? (not a serious thread, go away!)

Which is your Favorite Monkey Island Game?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your Favorite Monkey Island Game?

• Secret of Monkey Island
    • Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
    • Curse of Monkey Island
    • Escape from Monkey Island

No offense, but I'm almost tempted to close this thread :shifty: This discussion has been done to death elsewhere (by many or most of the same people). That said... the second one ¬

I don't think we have had this discussion in four years, at least at Adventure Gamers. It's about time to recheck our preferences.

:fart:

I concur. Let's face it, we're almost entirely from an MnM or AG background. The liklihood that our opinions have changed is very small indeed.

We might as well accept right now that the order will be 2, 3, 1, 4 and then forget about it. Mind you, i preferred 3

Ok, that's it! The thread is closed and 'Monkey Island' has been inserted into the list of cursewords. Every time you mention it, it will be replaced with 'that game'.

You think I'm kidding, punk?!

Monkey Island.

Yes, I do, Kingz... Does that make me a punk?

I don't think we have had this discussion in four years, at least at Adventure Gamers.

Wrong!

(MI2)

We might as well accept right now that the order will be 2, 3, 1, 4 and then forget about it. Mind you, i preferred 3

I'd just like to say that I am Nostradamus. Woo!

I would just like to say that Nostradamus is full of shit.

And he's ugly. And he smells.

Hey anyone here remember Monkey Island? I think it was released in 1990.

IMHO it was a complete ripoff of Sid Meier's Pirates.

Hey anyone here remember Monkey Island? I think it was released in 1990.

IMHO it was a complete ripoff of Sid Meier's Pirates.

No, never heard of that. Man, someone should really make a game like Pirates of the Caribbean where you can like walk around and stuff, just like Gamespot said.

Anyone heard of Samorost?

Ron Gilbert! I haven't heard his name yet so I might as well say this: Monkey Island 3 and 4 suck because it wasn't made by Ron Gilbert.

There ya go.

--Erwin

Ron Gilbert! I haven't heard his name yet so I might as well say this: Monkey Island 3 and 4 suck because it wasn't made by Ron Gilbert.

There ya go.

--Erwin

Tim Schafer should buy the rights to Monkey Island and make a sequel where Guybrush and Elaine have a kid who travels through time to Day of the Tentacle but then there's a mistake with the time machine and he dies but actually he's Mexican so he goes to the Land of the Dead and hangs out with Manny!@!!

Tim Schafer should buy the rights to Monkey Island and make a sequel where Guybrush and Elaine have a kid who travels through time to Day of the Tentacle but then there's a mistake with the time machine and he dies but actually he's Mexican so he goes to the Land of the Dead and hangs out with Manny!@!!

You stink and I hope you'll never make it to be a game designer. :deranged::D

--Erwin

I would say that my favourite Monkey Island would have to be Monkey Island 3. Not the LucasArts ripoff though. I am talking about the bootleg prototype version designed by Ron Gilbert which was never released to the public. You know, the one which explains the ending of MI2 as it was intended. Thankfully my friends and I were able to get hold of this because we are just such cool guys. Anyway just thought I would let everyone know that I won't be giving out copies. Oh well, that's life I guess.

Didn't I hear stuff a couple of years ago about new people taking over control of LucasArts, and they having intentions of going back to the roots and breathe life into old franchises and stuff, or was that just one of those dreams I have that were so non-spectacular I actually start thinking they really happened?

I agree about Ron Gilbert, but Gene Roddenbery still kicks his ass any time of the day.