Sign in to follow this  
MrHoatzin

Moral ambiguity... or something...

While walking out of Chipotle earlier today I saw an old man with a cane twist his ankle and keel over sideways. I grimaced and walked away.

I did so because at least six other people saw it happen and ran to his aid. For me to go up to the scene of the accident as well would've been a very vulturish thing to do, I reasoned. Besides, they didn't need me in particular as I have absolutely no skills or arcane knowledge that may prove useful in the situation. Sure, I was bigger and possibly stronger than any one other person there present, I could've easily held up the little old man, but there were six of them. So why do I feel awful now?

Last thing I saw before I turned my head away was the old man wiggling as he gestured that he was ok to the people bending down into his rheumatic frame.

That happened to me the other day. I was walking past two little girls on bikes and one of them fell over and started freaking out... I got there first and asked if she was okay but she started yelling at her sister, and then some dad-ish aged guy got out of a car and managed to be genuinely helpful. I felt like a jerk for failing to be helpful, but on the other hand I could tell that the girl was probably okay, and that if she wasn't I wouldn't be able to help :shifty:

:shifty: So umm, Kingsley Cunningham Kingz, how much is Chipotle paying you to include a link in your post?

Anyway, I don't even think about it. If someone on the street needs help I am genetically programmed to immediately come to their aid (I was probably a fucking Boy Scout in a past life), it's really a no-brainer. But really, it depends on the situation. Years ago my sister was stopped by a young woman who was begging her to help her friend who 'had an accident' in an alley around the corner. My sister, being almost as street smart as I, smelled something suspicious and instead offered to find a cop nearby. The woman persisted but finally gave up and ran back into the alley.

:shifty: So umm, Kingsley Cunningham Kingz, how much is Chipotle paying you to include a link in your post?
Good burritos, man. Just felt like not explaining what Chipotle was but giving the unenlightened some reference.

Good burritos, man. Just felt like not explaining what Chipotle was but giving the unenlightened some reference.

You sellout bastard. :buyme:

I don't really like Chipotle. They're healthy, yes, but it tastes wrong somehow. Might be how the spices are mixed, I dunno. I prefer to have a true burrito at the corner taqueria*, a more authentic one. No longer living in a large city, I miss that.

*This was not a paid advertisement.

Does Chipotle sell expensive ($5+) gourmet burritos, nachos, and tacos (quality stuff unlike Taco Bell)? They got a local place here like that, and I guess they must have stolen the idea from Chipotle.

They are owned by Malltopia, for mall kids.

Actually they're a subsidiary of McDonalds.

Oh yeah, I expect them to buy off the local business once word leaks out to McDonald's HQ. I guess I'm ready for it now that I'm aware this Chipotle place exits.

I think you should try to help anyone you see in distress, if you can. Well, if there's a fire you can just run inside the building and get them out, but at least make sure someone called the fire dept. And if your help is worthless, then oh, well... maybe next time.

And uh... make sure to help out the chix0rz, specially if they're hot. And maybe guyx0rz, too, if you're into that sort of thing...

They can be the subsidiary of satan himself, for all I care. The store was the only food place in the vicinity that I felt made even remotely edible food.

Fuck the old guy who shattered his hip! Where can a guy get good nachos, dammit!
You do understand me!

Is this thread about Chipotle or offering a helpful hand?

Anyway, these kind of events occur in my vicinity every month or so. I always try to help, not just because it's the right thing to do, but also because I know if I fell and hurt myself or get into an accident and needed help and no one would care about my dire situation and go about their daily routine I'll be devasated. When I was six or so I noticed an askew sewer lid, I of course had to followed my boyish curiosity, so I steped on the lid causing it to slightly open, just enough for my leg to get stuck in the freashly opened sewer hole. People walked next to me and none of them offered me help.

That taught me a lesson in life; always help, because one day a similar accident will happen to you.

In other words, Kingz, you suck...

I think there were more words after that but... that says it all really.

The commentary in this post does not represent the opinions of Snubs, offer void in Wisconsin.

If I were the only person there, I would've helped. Every time I get together with my friends and we go barhopping, I am invariably the only one who feels he has to look after the quiet chick that drank too much. The proverbial quiet chick that drank too much will often think it apt to tell me how much she always liked my beard, or how she thought when she first met me that I was a harsh asshole, but then learned to appreciate the input, or how she adores Irish car bombs... And I am annoyed because one cannot talk with drunk people when sober.

On a related note, right now I am sober but delirious due to sleep deprivation. I have slept so little lately that I look like a tired zombie.

:wtf:

I am invariably the only one who feels he has to look after the quiet chick that drank too much. The proverbial quiet chick that drank too much will often think it apt to tell me how much she always liked my beard, or how she thought when she first met me that I was a harsh asshole, but then learned to appreciate the input, or how she adores Irish car bombs... And I am annoyed because one cannot talk with drunk people when sober.

That is my experience also. Except for the part where now that they're drunk they see me in a whole new light; it's pretty much always the same light. The closest I ever got was when someone told me how much they liked my hair. The caveat there, though, was that apparently most guys spend so much time on their hair and try to look good whereas I... don't. It's true though, I guess, I don't ever do anything to my hair except, like, wash it. Also, a lot of drunk girls feel the compulsion to do up the top button on my shirt. I have no idea why.

When I find the proverbial quiet chick that drank too much, I take her behind the building and eat her out.

Funny how the music I'm actually listening to right now fits rather nicely to the thing you said: The stranglers - peaches.

Listen to it and you know what I mean. Well, sort of. Atleast kinda, right?

There are so many reasons that I'm never the quiet chick that drank too much.

Whenever friends and I go out, I do look after them, especially the ones that get drunk or even tipsy. If somebody is standing in front of me in a queue and is short of change, I'll pay the difference for them. I don't know. I've never witnessed an old person fall over though.

If you take advantage of the quiet chick that drank to much, I think that you are a really crap person.

I never meet any quiet chicks let alone one that drinks too much ;( So I never had the chance to not take advantage of her :\

The silent girls (quiet chicks) I know seems to all get absolutely crazy when drunk - also cleptomaniac for some reason... well fun....