SoccerDude28

Tim Schafer on Icons today on G4

Can anyone, perhaps, give this poor foreigner a link to the heinous freak show that is G4? So I could laugh, point, complain, and feel excepted by my fellow Idle Thumb forum mates.

And I had no idea that Ben and Hoagie are related, though I have to say the resemblance is quite the "Bitching!"

Kingzjester, you shrewd fox, you.

Mr. T: I'm related to Jean-Clude Van-Dam, I'm his sixth cousin twice removed... fool! :mrt:

Can anyone, perhaps, give this poor foreigner a link to the heinous freak show that is G4? So I could laugh, point, complain, and feel excepted by my fellow Idle Thumb forum mates.

Here's a link to the Icons episode page. The video on the page is from the G4TV.com show from last week, but maybe they'll have some bits from the Icons episode soon. It was definitely the best thing I have ever seen on G4.

The games are just so unbelievably different.

Well, you gotta think about two important things:

1) Day of the Tentacle was released 7 years after Maniac Mansion

2) Maniac Mansion was the first of its kind, but that formula was not concrete until The Secret of Monkey Island was made.

And that's how I like my sequels... completely different from each other. Otherwise, it's just the same game but you can hold 2 guns...

Well, you gotta think about two important things:

1) Day of the Tentacle was released 7 years after Maniac Mansion

2) Maniac Mansion was the first of its kind, but that formula was not concrete until The Secret of Monkey Island was made.

Yeah, agreed, but I'm talking about the differences that time didn't create, like the fact that the games have a totally different style and atmosphere, not that the interface was more streamlined. They go in two very different directions, perhaps even different genres (from a story, not gaming, standpoint).

Here's a link to the Icons episode page. The video on the page is from the G4TV.com show from last week, but maybe they'll have some bits from the Icons episode soon. It was definitely the best thing I have ever seen on G4.
I doubt they'll play the whole episode, tho. Prove me wrong.

Thanks for the link, I really appreciate it.

It was definitely better than the Gamespot thing.

Mt. T: Them fools made it too short. :mrt:

Fact of the day: the interviewer in that clip also writes the Behind the Games features for GameSpot. So he rules.

Fact of the day: the interviewer in that clip also writes the Behind the Games features for GameSpot. So he rules.

Yeah, don't give that guy shit for being cheesy or whatever. He's one of the best journalists we've got.

what/!?!?!? THat guy just writes commercial pap! What a sell out like prince of persia 3!!!!!!!!

It seems like G4 is in full-on love mode with Schafer. I saw X-Play a few days ago where their first review was Psychonauts. They gave it 4 out of 5 stars and had nary a bad thing to say about it. They also had a little mini-tribute to Schafer with a lot of Grim and Psychonauts footage (very little of anything else though...a little Full Throttle and Curse of Monkey Island which as far as I know he was not directly involved in).

Also, there's now a little bumper G4 shows between commercial breaks that has Raz burning a heart shape on a tree. Lily shows up and sees that Raz has burned the G4 logo inside the heart. A little disappointing to see something that good promote a network that for the most part is lame, but at least it's more exposure for the excellent game Psychonauts.

I've only downloaded and watched part 1 so far, but this is really cool...

EDIT: The site keeps going down though. Curses!

Maybe using a torrent tracker system type of thing might be more usefull? (and friendlier to your server's bandwith to say the least)

There are plenty of public trackers which you can (ab-)use for this purpose ;)

I can upload it to mixnmojo or idle thumbs (well, not idle.. but someone can!), but then I'd kill y'all's bandwith.

We have a bajillion humongobytes of space on the server, but it's up to Doug I guess whether we want to host random stuff.

as I promised, my "team" was able to record and upload the show, in decent quality! http://lucasstyle.com/videos.htm

Let's play a game. It's called "Guess Who My New Favorite Person Is". Here's a hint: it begins with an "n" and ends with "etmonkey".

This is actually a pretty interesting show.

Also: I sprained my wrist! Typing hurts.