Sign in to follow this  
Duncan

Go Team Xbox

So I am now the owner of an unpainted Crystal Xbox. About two or three years too late, really, but still, exciting. And I guess I am now part of that exclusive Xbox owners club (like the Babysitters club).

So I know the Xbox doesn't have, like, the best game library ever, but still I was hoping you guys could go through the trite game recommendations thing to see if there's anything cool I've overlooked. Right now I have Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge and Midtown Madness 3, both of which I'm pretty excited about. I'm really only interested in games which aren't available on PC or play considerably better on console instead. I'm looking forward to LEGO Star Wars, of all things. Also I was thinking about Mercenaries but not really so much anymore. Yeah.

Go! Discuss!

Fable

Halo 2

rallisport challenge 2

shenmue 2

panzer dragoon orta

ninja gaiden

otogi 1/2

kingdom under fire

JSRF

outrun 2

oddworld stranger

phantom dust

(if you like 2d shooters) metal slug 3

(if you like 2d fighters) guilty gear x2 #reload

multiplatform:

beyond good and evil

burnout 3

metal arms

mercenaries

Fable

KoTOR

KoToR II: The Sith Lords

Project Gotham Racing

That's all I've actually played so far.

I've played Silent Hill 2 and 3, and Beyond Good & Evil on PC, they are excellent. They come on Xbox as well.

I don't think the xbox version of it will play considerably better than the pc version. Also.. psychonauts recommendations go without saying

metal slug is out on the xbox? is it anything like the arcade version? That would be cool :)

oh and mod your xbox and turn it into a mediacenter thingy. it's very cool and you can play all your MP3's, movies and photo albums from your pc on your TV via a network connection :)

Pj- covered alot of the good ones. Soul Calibur II is best on Xbox :tup: Is KoT0|2!!11!? Better on Xbox than on PC? :shifty:

There's definately more good games but I can't think of them at the moment...

There's always Sonic Mega Collection Plus though! That's a must have :yep:

Is KoT0|2!!11!? Better on Xbox than on PC?

They are pretty much the same on both platforms. Play completely identically. The mouse keyboard controls are very intuitive and so is the controller on the XBOX.

Duncan, I would have really waited 6 more months rather than buy an XBOX right now. XBOX 2 is backward compatible, and in 6 months, your XBOX will be worth about 10 dollars.

Duncan, I would have really waited 6 more months rather than buy an XBOX right now. XBOX 2 is backward compatible, and in 6 months, your XBOX will be worth about 10 dollars.

Last rumor I heard was that the XBOX 2 or XBOX 360 or whatever was not going to be backwards compatible.

Which struck me as stupid. So hopefully I'm wrong.

metal slug is out on the xbox? is it anything like the arcade version? That would be cool :)

It's exactly like the arcade version. Metal slug 4+5 are coming out sometime soon, too, but I hear they're not as good as 3..

Last rumor I heard was that the XBOX 2 or XBOX 360 or whatever was not going to be backwards compatible.

Which struck me as stupid. So hopefully I'm wrong.

But Microsoft did say in GDC that you will be able to play HALO 2 on XBOX live against your freinds. I assume that to play Halo 2 on XBOX live against your friends, the console needs to be backward compatible.

Plus I find it highly unlikely that a company as Microsoft which has all the resources in the universe will release a console that is not backward compatible knowing very well that both of their competitors will support older versions.

Did anybody see the specs for "xbox 2" :9~ 3 (!!!!) PowerPC processors with processing power in excess of a highpowered G5 Mac!! Maybe this time I will buy one... I am such a performance whore... :grin:

Did anybody see the specs for "xbox 2" :9~ 3 (!!!!) PowerPC processors with processing power in excess of a highpowered G5 Mac!! Maybe this time I will buy one... I am such a performance whore... :grin:

I'll need to wait and see if they actually have games I care to play. The problem with micro$oft making a console is that I know that I can wait a year or so and any title they make that I'll want will end up on PC.

It's exactly like the arcade version. Metal slug 4+5 are coming out sometime soon, too, but I hear they're not as good as 3..

That's pretty damn cool :) Might make it worth to buy an xbox :mock:

Maybe Get:

Panzer Dragoon Orta

Otogi

Halo

Halo 2

Dead or Alive Ultimate (3 is good if you can find it cheap)

Guilty Gear X2 Reload

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath

Definitely Get:

Ninja Fucking Gaiden

Ninja Gaiden > Your soul + :mrt:

I just rented Ninja Gaiden, trying to kill time till I get Psychonauts. I can't even get past the first boss. My god this game is difficult. How do you kill the damn boss with the Nunchaks.

Oh yeah, Ninja Gaiden. Is that actually a good game? I played the demo and honestly didn't think it was that great. Also where did this whole obsession with ninjas come from all of a sudden? When did people on the internet suddenly start wetting themselves over goddamn ninjas? Is it a Japanese thing? And then with Ninja Gaiden it's like video game + ninjas = WHOA FUCKING AWESOME!!! Argh. The same thing with pirates actually. What's going on?

EDIT: uh that wasn't helpful at all. Sorry, SD.

space ninja pirate monkey's !

:period::pwned::cens0red:

That would be the anticipated response from Chris.

My favorite Xbox games:

- Panzer Dragoon Orta

- KOTOR

- Halo

- Halo 2

- Midway Arcade Treasures

- Chessmaster (joke if you must, but it's awesome)

- Doom 3 (I have the PC version, but co-op's soooo much fun over Live)

I also recommend Shenmue II, but I don't have the Xbox version (I imported the Dreamcast version for the original Japanese language track).