Tanukitsune

They've gone too far this time... (The Apocalypse is Nigh?)

Oh yeah, Fleischer's Superman.

The visual style in 90's Batman TAS was indeed a little bit like in the 40's animated series.

Not just a little, it was their direct influence.

The original Batman: TAS is probably my favorite animated series of all-time...good lord was that amazing.

Believe it or not, The Batman isn't terrible. It just isn't very good. I actually like the character design. My biggest problem with it is the fact that *everyone* is like a kung fu champion (I mean really, did the Joker have to be a judo master?) and the general in-your-face attitude. Oh, and the fact that everyone *has* to refer to the character as "the batman" because it's the title. Nobody ever just calls him batman. Yeesh. Otherwise it's rather enjoyable.

...but it's nowhere near the genius of B:TAS. Or Superman: TAS. Or Batman Beyond. Or Justice League. Or Justice League Unlimited. It's not even remotely close.

anybody thought of the rather remote possibility that all this is intended as a satire?

EDIT: The new Bugs Shit I mean... oh and why are we talking about this... don't we have a life...or an adequate mmorpg as a placebo?!!

buzz.jpg

http://www.csh.rit.edu/~rage/TLGmedia/anim_pages/anewbunny.htm

A very good flash animation take on the Loonatics situation. Eg merchandising: "Fucking extreme Loonatics underwear! The only underwear that will jack you off as you shred down mount everest on a plank of wood while a bunch of pirates chase you trying to rape you in the ASS!!"

"Although you might think these faces are familiar, trust me: this is a whole new world."

So, really, they could have just made an actual new world then?

Oh man I missed that remark the first time around. Good work Marek.

"Fucking extreme Loonatics underwear! The only underwear that will jack you off as you shred down mount everest on a plank of wood while a bunch of pirates chase you trying to rape you in the ASS!!"

You know when your stomach hurts because you've been laughing too hard? That's a good feeling.

Also I hate the Here's Walkerton guy. I loved him 6th grade. He's a jerk.

Who, David Willis? Why's he a jerk?

His comics have been pretty consistently bad for the last couple of years. I will back you up on that.

Whoa they've been slightly de-extremed, apparently. Maybe it's because they're no longer simply Loonatics, but are now in fact Loonatics Unleashed:

PICT0084.JPG

PICT0083.JPG

And are now a bit creepy. Too bad they didn't go for the tiny red cracked-out pupils from the "new bunny" flash video.

Now they've been made cute to boot! Shit! This is the redesign due to public outcry?

Apparently. They now all have beautiful blue pupils, and smile. I hope they continue to make that face, looking right into your eyes, while slowly gutting you with large knives.

there is no taz on those pictures, that thing is the dog... whatever name it has... the one that always protects tweetee from sylvester...

there is no taz on those pictures, that thing is the dog... whatever name it has... the one that always protects tweetee from sylvester...
You're mistaken.

Ew! The previous attempt was shit, but these new ones? They're so...poorly drawn! They look like crappy fan art.

That new Ace Bunny puts Michael Jackson to shame.

I'm a huge Chuck Jones fan, and I wanted to vomit when I first saw the "Loonatics". It's pretty much what happens when the creator dies and every member that made the classic LooneyTunes great retires.

Cancel this piece of garbage, X-treme or just plain bad, cancel it now! WB are a bunch of talentless avaricious bastards that can't think of an original idea if it crawled up their ass and climbed into their nitwited brain.

Cancel it NOW!

We should all just admire the classics and NOT over use them.