DanJW

What is wrong with people? (Penny Arcade fans)

WTF? Penny Arcade lambasted the recent EA and Take Two aquisitions in a strip and accompanying newspost, and loads of their readers thought they were serious. Ctrl-Alt-Del played along and a tonne of their readers did the same.

I thought gamers were meant to be of above-average intelligence. I am very sorry to be wrong.

well I guess after all these years Penny Arcade is catering to more than just hardcore gamers. as gaming is becoming more and more mainstream, we have to adjust our expectations. I am no longer surprised by the stupidity of the general population (just look at tv-programs). also, obviously in this it's only the idiots you notice, because all the others have a lil laugh and move on.

They think that they're serious because most current "gamers" will respond like so: "wtf lol p3nny 4rc4d3 r0x0rz y0ur b0x0rz h4rdc0r3!!1111"

When that is considered communication, that should be a clue as to the intelligence surrounding us.

That crap takes a long time to write.

And I feel defiled having written it.

the I.Q. of an audience is the lowest IQ of that audience devided by the number of people in the audience. In other words the public is more stupid than their most moronic member.

I would like to say something very absolute about collective intelligence of the world and imply that my opinion is infallible -- that is what I do best -- but I am afraid that Chris would retort with something cynical and hurtful about my infallible and absolute opinion, so I won't say anything. I'll just assume the foetal position in the corner and bob gently for hours on end. Like so: :frusty:

Like so: :frusty:

Doesn't look very gentle to me. I guess that proves your infallibleillity. aha!

I'd like to add to this topic with the statement that the particular Penny Arcade strip was spot on and hilarious.

the I.Q. of an audience is the lowest IQ of that audience devided by the number of people in the audience. In other words the public is more stupid than their most moronic member.

hmm Terry Pratchett by any chance.....

I found this thread late, but I figured I'd just respond to this particular sentiment:

I thought gamers were meant to be of above-average intelligence.
Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahah!