Sign in to follow this  
Marek

Barricades in CS: Source

cssource1.jpg

cssource2.jpg

This camping tactic is becoming increasingly popular. For a CT it takes two or three jumps to cross the barrier of chairs - enough to take them out.

You can also block the narrow connection between the two hostage areas by tipping over the filing cabinets there.

I really hope future levels will allow more creative strategies like this. Also high on my wishlist is a level that actually makes use the flashlights and night vision useful. With Source's improved lightning I wonder what a night-time level would look like, and how it would play.

All of the levels have atleast one instance where you can block doors with barrels, but I agree it would be nice to have more physics inspired interactivity.

But people hate it because instead of landing on top of a chair or filing cabinet they bounce off of them like they're rubber. Its just flat out annoying and should be fixed by Valve. The other thing that people do is cover the bombs with the barrels, in some instances making it impossible to move or get to because of the aformetnioned rubbery physics system.

WHat is your name on Steam Marek?

Ok, if you ever see James Earl Jones, its me.

...my plan for Hl2 is to go to sleep at 7, then wake up at 3am (EST) and play until I have to go to class....I usually got to sleep around 2 though, so it will be difficult.

I'm spraying thumbs-logos all over the place, so I'm easy to recognize. I play mainly on servers that have cs_office running exclusively.

For once my Euro timezone is giving me an advantage. If I get up tomorrow morning at 8 I can have breakfast and immediately start playing HL2 :sombrero:

I think I remember getting shot in the face by you in the Office Garage by a Magnum...I wasn't doing particularly well that time. :shifty: Although I've had by CS moments, like when I went 40:12 in De_dust with nothing but uzi.

I hereby damn all people that are free tomorrow and can play halflife 2, I damn you all to hell and back! :finger::bomb:

It's 12 midnight Pacific Time all around the world, I believe. So in Eastern Time the game goes up at 3am.

I hereby damn all people that are free tomorrow and can play halflife 2, I damn you all to hell and back! :finger::bomb:

same here, dammit! i SO wanna play hl2 2morrow, but theres this minor problem called "getting good grades in university" that i need to finish off first.

ill prolly end up buying the game next weekend, but im debating whether i should wait for the winter holidays to play it or not ... i could play it while still in uni, but would it be as fun if i wasnt playing it consistently? i hardly get time for gaming now, so id be playing it on and off ...

SiN

I think I remember getting shot in the face by you in the Office Garage by a Magnum...I wasn't doing particularly well that time. :shifty: Although I've had by CS moments, like when I went 40:12 in De_dust with nothing but uzi.
You mean an awp? In which, tee hee, Marek's an awp-fag :D

If you do something really easy like sit on a box inside your spawn, they will. If you're smart enough to build a barricade like this, I think most experienced players will give you the kudos you deserve...

I'm gonna but HL2 tomorrow morning. In a store! I'll also buy Def Jam for the PS2, because it's fun to beat up my brother (virtually).

--Erwin

I tried to push some things but the bouncing back every time you touch an "object with physics" is just plain annoying. Especially if you get between too of those cupboards you can let go of your mouse and keyboard and watch yourself bouncing for about 20 seconds.

I've never played CounterStrike anyway nad probably not going to start out, just tried it to see what the Source engine looks like.

But I hope that bouncing is not in HL2.

So whato'clock will the magic door open exactly? (in GMT time)

If it's 'opening' at midnight Pacific then that's 8am GMT - just in time for me to get frustrated at the final stages of the download process via Steam, kick my computer into millions of tiny pieces and rush out of the house, probably.