Sign in to follow this  
Spaff

Dear (most of) middle America....

Hurray for another four years of oligarchic religious fanatics with imperialist ambitions running the most powerful country in the world.

Did I say four years? Impeach the fucker. There's a million reasons to do so by now. So many things have happened that should have been scandals.

I applaud those who voted Kerry, but I hope those who voted for Bush will realize their grave mistake. America, as a nation, has just lost my last sliver of respect.

Europe should invade and liberate America while their troops are caught off guard in Iraq. California and New York will be thankful. :shifty:

This sucks so much. But we can't just blame the president himself anymore. He's just the asshole he is, we can't blame him for doing his best in the elections. But we can blame like, half of America. How could all those people vote for such a retarded man, unless they're retarded themselves? How could all those people not give a fuck about the environment, peace, honour and truth? Bush is the quintessential antagonist to all of those. And now he has another four years to fuck us all up even more.

Well, you have to understand that there must be a reason more than half of America voted for Bush. And its probably abortion. Sadly, since we have a two party system, issues outside of standard conservatism or liberalism are assigned to each side, which pretty much ruins the chances for any liberal who isn't far-and-away a charming and slick motherfucker. This is like back when Democrats were staunch supporters of segregation, people wilted away from the cause that to them seemd obviously wrong (which it was) and eventually the Democrats as a whole modified there thinking and dumped the dixicrats giving them the bad name, ingratiating themselves with the public. But if you were just to take the two candidates at their other stances, Kerry is more appealing to almost everyone. Plus he has rudimentary speaking skills, always handy when you're president.

No it's not the UK's election, but they're entitled to an oppinion I'd hope?

I agree with Spaff.

It baffles me that the middle of America votes Republican. Busy isn't actually for family values, isn't actually for the working man. He probably doesn't give a shit one way or the other about abortion. He is just loud and well managed, and gives people $300 of their taxes back to them and instead spends imaginary money.

I would guess that the 11 states with gay marriage bans (including Ohio!) also had high turnouts of ultra-right-wing types who voted for bush, so there's probably that to thank as well. :(

Hurray! 4 more years of those hilarious flash animations starring everyone's favourite village idiot!

This makes me bloody mad! :frusty::bomb::nuts::hmph:

My only hope is that four more foul years of shit will make the world properfucked - the US taking Iran and Syria (they're going to need some new incarnations of evil soon) - civil war in Iraq (which is already the case!) - violence all over and everything will be 200 percent bloody terrible - maybe this would make everyone realize that violence bloody breeds violence - and that you can't kill terrorism with bombs, that standing tight to your opinion against all odds isn't the same as being practical and clever, but the same as being very very crazy, onsanie and stupid.

Hurray for another four years of oligarchic religious fanatics with imperialist ambitions running the most powerful country in the world.

Did I say four years? Impeach the fucker. There's a million reasons to do so by now. So many things have happened that should have been scandals.

I applaud those who voted Kerry, but I hope those who voted for Bush will realize their grave mistake. America, as a nation, has just lost my last sliver of respect.

Europe should invade and liberate America while their troops are caught off guard in Iraq. California and New York will be thankful. :shifty:

Well said. What's funny to my is this; Bill Clinton was crucified for getting a little under-the-table action. The thing is, Bill lied and no one died. Whether or not Iraq is a distraction or right or wrong, Bush lied to the Congress and the American people about why he invaded them. We've paid for that with American lives, but how many more will we have to lose before we realize that we're accepting all this crap because it's the President who says it - that doesn't give him absolute power or put him above the law - or it shouldn't, at least.

The thing I'm afraid of, which is illustrated by the "Who do you think will win" poll in these forums, is that people voted Bush because they too thought he would win, and they were afraid of being on the losing side, whether or not they liked Bush. Maybe that's foolish of me, but at least the one thing we can count on is that four years from now, Bush will be gone.

Well, he would have to, but he's clearly above the law as it is. Hooray for the free world being a hopeless mass of repugnant shit for the next 4+ years.

Well, Clinton had his share of suspicious foreign activity as well...

:bomb:

I woke up sick this morning. My head feels like it's going to combust. My entire body is rejecting the election results. I'm sad that the populace is just accepting this crap without question. I was holding out for a second Civil War.

yeah - and kerry had the same demagod speeches of "we will kill every bad guy in the world" .... ... :fart:

NADER FOR PRESIDENT

(and this was a reply to Chris's post... a little up the thread....)

yeah - and kerry had the same demagod speeches of "we will kill every bad guy in the world" .... ... :fart:

Yeah, I don't think he meant it quite in the same way as Bush. Did you watch the debate in which he said that?

Dear UK, this isn't your election.

Since everything that happens in the US affects all us small people over here, yes it fucking is. Whenever the President wipes his ass, we raise the price of toilet paper. And when the President takes a dump, we're sure to smell it too.

I hope Bush makes some horrible, horrible fucking mistake, like accidentally on purpose blowing up Middle America with nuclear weapons of mass destruction, leaving a neat crater that completely obliterates all the red states but leaves the blue ones neatly intact. And all the Texas people would be crawling around New Mexico with their teeth, because that's where they'd have been blown to, crying and saying, "I wish I could find my son. Oh, how I wish I'd never voted Bush!" But at that point I'll be laughing and smearing his blood on my face and saying, "Well it's too late, sucka, because guess what? YA DID!" and then I'll laugh some more.

I fucking hate you guys. You fucking assholes. It's not even like you've been duped by a con artist. You've voted for the fucking DEVIL and he wasn't even in DISGUISE. And even worse, he's so fucking stupid he probably even fools HIMSELF. You FUCKWITS. You fucking TITS. I hope he blows up your homes and creates a race of supernazis to keep you all in place. Good luck bringing up your children in COMMUNIST AMERICA.

Ha! Are you kidding? There's no way he's ever going to be impeached right after an election and with the Congress firmly in Republican hands. It's hard to tell exactly what to be more affraid of -- Bush or the increased elbow room the Republicans have in Congress. Not good. Then there's always Ashcroft and the rather suspect judges that are working their way up the ranks.

Oh, and I'd like to appologize for my home state and it's rather disappointing display. :frown: :\

Yeah, I don't think he meant it quite in the same way as Bush. Did you watch the debate in which he said that?

You're right Kerry would have been better I think - but that's not the point. The point is that he also seemed to support the war-on-everything-doctrine, not as crazy as bush - but still. This doctrine is bloody stupid and shows us that we really don't learn a tit from history...

I got the feeling with Kerry that he had to say a lot of things even to stay in favour with the American people. A lot of you guys (not anybody I know on these forums, thank god) seem to believe everything Bush says. He's fucked with your minds. He's actually SCARED you into submission. You know that syndrome that hostages get for their kidnappers sometimes? It's the same as that, pretty much. He told you all that you were unsafe, and you saw his strong leadership as the only way to keep safe.

It was all lies! Jesus fucking CHRIST why can't those people see that?!

Anyway, Kerry, I feel, had to say a lot of things like that because otherwise the American people, already scared and confused by Bush, would definitely not vote for him. Like when Bush conveniently forgot to mention he was a warmonger and a murderer before he got into office the first time, but opposite style.

"There's no losers in an american election - because the next morning we all wake up as americans" -Kerry

I'm sorry mr. Kerry but that is :fart:

The world loses ...

I'd like to see you try to wake up as an American when you wake up... dead.

Ha! Are you kidding? There's no way he's ever going to be impeached right after an election and with the Congress firmly in Republican hands.
Then there is no hope. Kill Bill Bush.

You're right Kerry would have been better I think - but that's not the point. The point is that he also seemed to support the war-on-everything-doctrine, not as crazy as bush - but still. This doctrine is bloody stupid and shows us that we really don't learn a tit from history...
If he'd gone through his campaign saying things implying something else, he'd have lost without question. He really had to say a lot of things or else he'd be dead meat. Remember how they blew up the words "global test"? He had to watch out what he was saying.

Kerry being all tough guy is the same to me as Bush saying he's a compassionate republican in 2000.

I think everyone who said the two candidates were much alike were wrong, just like everyone was wrong about it in 2000. To give a concrete example, Kerry could have gone to Germany asking for troops and would have got them. (If it was up to the people, anyway. But Schröder would basically be in deep shit if he said no, as Kerry quickly rose to a sort of rockstar status in Germany.)

Look, Republicans suck, Democrats suck. Either candidate would have screwed up our country even more but people are too retarded to vote for Nader or Libertarian. For people to vote for a third party, we'd need Christopher Walken or Bruce Cambell to run for president, then the USA would be the most kickass country ever. But until then, we vote for religious fanatics or people that want the government to control everything.

I also noticed that someone said that in states where people voted republican, gay marriage was banned (or some kind of connection like that). But in Michigan, which Kerry won, gay marriage was still banned. So it's not being banned because it's "OMG GOD HATES IT" but because people are prejudiced. I don't understand why people would want MORE GOVERNMENT CONTROL even though it doesn't affect them at all, but maybe that's just me.