Sign in to follow this  
Fastback

Nintendo DS pics

FAKE!!

Nintendo said the screens would be flush against eachother, which this clearly is not!

I guess we find out in like... an hour or something.

yeah i mean, they wouldn't provide bullshit news would they? they'd be lynched

well nintendo say its real so, I think it may be real...

I've yet to see anything that quote's Nintendo as confiirming this...

I mean, it's not exactly as breathtaking as the SP seemed to look when photos of it first appeared? I'd would've expected something a bit more sleek and sexy

Point's moot however, it's not like I'll be able to resist getting one of these no matter what it looks like

aw wtf it is real. And it looks like ass. I was hoping for some ubersleek GBA SP vision in pure gorgeous brushed aluminium, with two screens of painfully beautiful brightness and contrast sitting flush against each other and some classically tasty Ninty design.

Instead, this looks like it's been dropped steaming from the ring of a knocked-off korean power ranger action figure. It looks like its actually full of bubblebath and on sale in the toiletries aisle of safeway for 1.99. Does it yell "wobbly plastic slathered in cheap metallic paint" and "woolworths" at anyone else?

Screw it, I'm buying a PSP anyway :idea:

It looks like one of those "100 games in one" devices... the ones with a 100 variations of Tetris.

I'm disappointed, I thought Nintendo might suprise me with a change from their usual fisher-price style and presentation.

Boo!! thumbs down from me.

with you on the tetris pike-o-handheld.

not with you on the nintendo = fisher price, check the GBA SP man, it's gorgeous.

I'd buy that for a dollar ;)

yeah the SP is nice, I just wish they'd have released it earlier.

Hopefully Nintendo can get back in the game with this because otherwise the PSP is gonna dominate the handheld market :frown:

It looks sort of crappy, but GameSpot also has a preview on their frontpage.

tbh, if DS is the best Ninty can do?

PSP is going to do them some serious damage.

It's a shame M$ don't try and release a portable xbox.. I think that would actually be the Most Ironic Thing Ever in the industry :)

Nintendo DS will kick ass.

You shall all see it soon.

I think it will hold its ground (because it's Nintendo) but I wouldn't buy one. The PSP looks much better. (I wouldn't buy that either.)

Not one of those DS games used that other screen for anything more than a menu or a map screen. some of them didnt use it at all. Ok Wario ware use dit and also Picto chat, if you can call that a game, As far as i can tell this is a portable n64 that looks like a lunchbox or something and has poor attempts at cash-in games. I mean some of the games look decent enough to play, but the system is stupid.

Also picto chat is useless and gay, funny maybe at work or soemthing?

i dunno... maybe you could play consequences with it :)

where is smash bros DS?

I like the DS. I just know it's going to be host to many immensely enjoyable fun multiplayer games, one thing Nintendo proved with the SP is they can make games that are ideal for playing on the move. I want something I can pull out of my pocket and have a quick go on whilst siting on the bus or whatever, without any loading times... and COME ON, do you really think this PSP is going to buck the trend of every PlayStation so far and escape from the Evil Loading Bar of Pain?

I do have concerns though. Overuse of the touch screen as a controller is worrying, Metroid Hunters to me looks like something that would be akin to trying to play Quake 3 on my powerbook using the trackpad... not good.

And Spaff is right, so far Nintendo have failed to demonstrate any kind of game other than Wario Ware DS that makes imaginative use of both screens which is strange seeing as you'd assume it's whole raison d'etre would have been as a vehicle for one of Shigsy's amazingly innovative killer apps.

At the end of the day you guys can all sit in your rooms in the dark on your own playing Ridge Racer/Tekken/Wipeout or whatever bollocks on your PSP's, I'll be content with my considerably less expensive DS hopefully exploring the Animal Crossing Villages of my friends across the internet via my wireless LAN, and being warm in that cozy content feeling of knowing that Nintendo 'still loves me' ;)

It looks hsitty, but atleast its trying something new, I personally think a touch screen is fucking great. And you know that Miyamoto made this thig for a reason, I bet he has fucking crazy (Great) games he's getting ready.

The PSP looks cool too, I'll have to get em both. Maybe portbales will replace regular consoles faster than we think.

I don't have the money to buy either of those upcoming portable gaming machines, but comparing the systems, Nintendo's DS just feels so much better than PSP.

Nintendo's bringing online gaming to portables, touch screen, voice control to DS, although launch titles may not be so superb.

Sony's bringing a portable PS1 enhanced? And I see only one interesting game in it's launch list, Wipeout, and I played that game years ago and don't really want to play it again on a portable machine.

Both machines will include lots of remakes of old N64&PS1 games.

I can't afford them either. "I'll have to get em both", manny? You must be a hollywood producer or something.

I was in the mall the other day and saw PS1 on sale for 39 bucks canadian, which is less than 30 dollars u.s.

I was like "OH PS1!!! I've wanted one for YEARS!!!"

but I couldn't afford it and softly weeped to myself. the bus fare home cost every coin I had in my wallet, and I headed home completely broke.

true story.

I was in the mall the other day and saw PS1 on sale for 39 bucks canadian, which is less than 30 dollars u.s.

I was like "OH PS1!!! I've wanted one for YEARS!!!"

but I couldn't afford it and softly weeped to myself. the bus fare home cost every coin I had in my wallet, and I headed home completely broke.

true story.

That's deep man, deep. Oh I know! maybe you should get some sort of job...

It's too ugly, with handhelds, peole (the on hardcore) care about how it looks and this will suffer badly (esp with kids entering into the market) against the beautiful looking PSP. I know there will be great games on both so i'll get them both. Ps new Zelda I'm in love with Link in that, i think it's the ears taht do it for me.

I can't afford them either. "I'll have to get em both", manny? You must be a hollywood producer or something.

Well I won't get them at the same time, and most likely neither of them at launch, I'll wait till they got established libraries and have dropped in price.

But I'm hearing the PSP is going to be pretty fecking expensive (the DS is probably going to be $149), so I'll have to wait and see.

If you read into it you'll find out thats its the most unique system created for a long time. I'd rather have a hideous system thats fun as hell than have a sleek $300 brick in my pocket.

Besides, a new side scrolling mario means I'm getting it.