nkornek

[(Somewhat) Released] Build the Nublar Evolved

Fun facts: The wooden crates here are the same model that I made for I Have No Mouth and I Must Freeman and the little forklift is something that I made for a game that I never released not long after I finished the original BtN.

Starting some work on the new research center. I'm trying to go for a kind of "modern university building" aesthetic with this one.

5b2c4b67b7791_researchcenterstart.PNG.02cd85ef78a6c86f893ce50ea2e1a84a.PNG

I'm unfortunately pretty wiped from this week of work and stuff so I'm kind of bummed that I haven't been able to get as much done during the jam as I would have liked but that's life I guess.

So since I haven't been able to get as much of the main game done as I wanted I decided to do something silly.

Therefore, I'm pleased to announce that Build the Nublar: Evolved: Prologue is coming soon.

prologue.thumb.gif.23465be6afc88f32a73593e0973becb8.gif

"The families of the last 31 people to die on the nublar bring a lawsuit against you, costing 31 million". I pause for a moment of reflection, then once again press  "Do nothing".

:tup: A true dino park simulator. 

2 hours ago, infamous space turtle said:

"The families of the last 31 people to die on the nublar bring a lawsuit against you, costing 31 million". I pause for a moment of reflection, then once again press  "Do nothing".

:tup: A true dino park simulator. 

I'm glad that the horrors of capitalism still come through even in text form.

Just as I was about to go into the red, a lawsuit cost me over 100 million. Ouch.

Really cool that you went in such a different direction for this, it certainly paid off!

Nice work with the prologue. Looking forward to playing the final product too!

I played the prologue and DID POORLY. It turns out, the public is not as interested in Jurassic Park: Mostly Veggisaur Edition

What a fun text game! Thank you. 

I had a lot of fun with this. Great writing! What a cool way to participate in the jam.

Can't wait to see the main game.

6 hours ago, RubixsQube said:

I played the prologue and DID POORLY. It turns out, the public is not as interested in Jurassic Park: Mostly Veggisaur Edition

What a fun text game! Thank you. 

Because of this I actually just went and looked up how to disable the default back/forward buttons in Twine because they really don't work with how this game was designed.

This prologue clicker/twine game was good fun. I appreciate the dark humor.

Spoiler

FinesLOL.jpg.ee3a300770ee3ec016dcf743bcb24518.jpg 

This was particularly funny to me.

Also the choice at the end when you go bankrupt is funny. Of course I chose to build a new park right on top of the old one, but now I want to replay and choose to admit that such a theme park is a bad idea.

Looking forward to the main game release :)