tabacco

Still newer forum!

Not sure if anyone has asked about this but is there a way to attach new images in a private message? In this post, for instance, I have that little bar on the bottom that says "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." but in PM, that is nowhere to be found and the only option is to click the "Insert other media" dropdown and enter a URL or select a previously uploaded attachment. From what I can tell, the only workaround is to open another tab, start making a post in another topic, upload the images, and then tab back to the PM and insert the image by clicking Insert other media->Insert existing attachment and finding it in your little gallery thingy.

The most important missing thing for me, is no jump to last post in mobile view.

the forum will open on the last page of the thread, but at the top, so if there's like 20 posts on that page your thumb is going to get a good work out

24 minutes ago, Mington said:

The most important missing thing for me, is no jump to last post in mobile view.

the forum will open on the last page of the thread, but at the top, so if there's like 20 posts on that page your thumb is going to get a good work out

The site isn't called Idle THUMBS for no reason.

What the hell, when did sadface emoticon stop turning into an angry tomato emoji and start turning into a sadface emoji?! What next, b ) not turning into sunglasses face? ********* not getting censored?

Weird, must've been toggled off during a software upgrade. They're back now.

Was there always a Clubs tab on this forum (at the top right under the Idle Forums banner next to Activity)?  Have I just been blind for the last few years?

No, I enabled it the other day to see what would happen :)

Uh oh, looks like the spammers have worked out how to sign up and post. There's a few threads in the Video Gaming forum pushing links to pirate streams. I've reported the offending threads. Is there anything else that can be done?

Reporting stuff helps for sure, and I try to clean it up as fast as I can, but sometimes I'm asleep or not at a computer so it takes a while.

@tabacco Would it help for whoever first reports a thread to reply to it saying so? There's a few of these per day now, and I don't know if it's annoying for you to get like ten reports for each thread, but I also don't want to not report for that reason in case everyone else is thinking the same!

On 6/11/2018 at 1:30 AM, Ben X said:

@tabacco Would it help for whoever first reports a thread to reply to it saying so? There's a few of these per day now, and I don't know if it's annoying for you to get like ten reports for each thread, but I also don't want to not report for that reason in case everyone else is thinking the same!

Nah, the forum software groups reports, and if you reply it just means there's a dangling reply that makes no sense once the spam is cleaned up.

Though it does seem to have subsided in the last day or so, fingers crossed.

Heya 👋

Not to be that guy, but I'm going to be that guy... it looks like the spam has returned 😭 I've flagged a bunch but... it can be a bit overwhelming.

How are the mods doing? How are you doing, kind reader? I hope you are thriving 🙏