Sign in to follow this  
gerbilsinspace

[RELEASE] [FOR REAL THIS TIME] Read our Lips, or soundboard.cool

Hey! How is your best baboo? Will it wow? Would you like to be in a community soundboard? send baboos to [email protected], and your baboo will be delivered for the world to hear.

To help with other sounds, to make it easy, send me the video and the time the audio starts, with the wonderful help of Idle Videos. I'll make the tracks for you. :)

Oh no, the screenie above broke apparently!

Here are the results of some of my recent archive dives for ya: (feel free to not use any you don't like, I have a weird sense of humor sometimes)

• Idle Thumbs 67: Dot gobbler (
    )
    • Right at the beginning Sean says "This podcast is not going to be fresh." and consider pulling from his bizarre chain of "I like the mouthfeel" stuff soon after the laughter about "freshies" dies down.
  • Idle Thumbs 70: An Angry God (
    )
    • Jake saying "Also, punch your friend in the face with your iPhone or podcast playing device and say 'Idle Thumbs' when you do it..." no idea where to cut this off but extreme violence Jake seemed like a rare gem of sorts.

Screenie?

Thanks for your suggestions! Keep them coming! It would be best to add any suggestions here, as slack eats them, so, so quickly.

Update: This could end up being frog fractions 2.

I'm focussing on packing this thing full of inside jokes and easter eggs, and as such, I can't share much. I promise for everything I share publicly, there will be at least 10 hidden things.

I've just added anonymous authentication, which means that your game will persist over multiple playthroughs. Wiping cookies will remove the reference to your id, so you can start again. Or wait a fortnight, whichever is sooner. This is turning into a beast, and I love it.

Oh man, an unwanted side effect to adding authentication, is I get to see just how few people play my game, and how many clips they play. :S

soundboard.cool has now been released!

With a few caveats.

I will continue to update the game with new things. It suck having a game dedicated to audio and easter eggs, makes it pretty hard to show it off. 

Hope you enjoy it!

#always-in-beta

So... turns out, there is some bugs here.

Use Chrome! if you cannot, at least don't use firefox! if you really want to use firefox, do not use the spacebar when away from any input box. All your content will disappear, and you will not be able to see it until you reload the page by pressing enter on the url bar. Don't use the refresh button, that will hide the content again. 

Also, if sounds don't play, reload. for some reason on initial load, i cannot hit firebase. no idea why, but I think it is due it not knowing who you are until second load. you can use the reload button for this one.

Can I make something that isn't a buggy turd for once? NOPE.

:(

The real question is, does anyone have any Thumbs phone numbers to prank call them with themselves?

We could send them a pre-paid phone. Just a thought...

I actually laughed way too much using this. My (non-idle-thumbs-listening) partner was sitting next to me and I kept giving her 'you know it's that line from that episode? eh? EH?' looks. Freakin' great work. 

Haha, nice meta elements^^

On my first try, i hit space and the window scrolled and even a reload of the page wouldn't bring it back!

I went to the link again and all was well:)

Thanks for the bug reporting, and for saying you are enjoying this. I've put a bug workaround message on the front of it. stupid bugs. 

Gerbil I must read the rest of the thread and I'm a butt for not doing so! I guess I tested your bug announcement system^^

This was surprisingly good fun! I, also, enjoyed the wizard easter egg.