Sign in to follow this  
jenthetracy

[RELEASE] Call of the Winter Monarch, a puzzle game

My team is making a tile based puzzle game with hopes of mobile compatibility. We'll see where two weeks takes us. Tentatively the object of our game is safely guide arctic animals to the goal. 

We are team Ranch BLT. We're comprised of four programmers and an artist. This is our first Wizard Jam. Joining a new community is exciting. I look forward to watching everyone's games develop. 

I am the aforementioned artist on the team. My dev updates will be mostly comprised of art made for the game. The animals, items, and backgrounds will be scanned watercolor and ink paintings on paper. I'll be taking the "focused pallet" diversifier into consideration when making design choices. Initially the animals were going to be realistic, but I've decided to lean adorable to honor the "It's a Baby Game" diversifier. However, the puzzles will probably be challenging enough for adults.

All diversifiers I've taken into consideration alter the aesthetic, not game play. We'll see what the programmers decide to incorporate. This is a work in progress with much game design still to be done. I'll keep you updated using this thread.

Sounds cool. I was looking through your art after our exchange on twitter and I'm quite excited to see how it translates in to game assets.

More characters join the adventure. Thinking of dropping the purple for orange to meet the "focused pallet" goal. Still have a bit more time to make stylistic decisions. ejtqbPS.pngQkvKA1P.png

Your paintings are amazing! I'm looking forward to seeing more of this game.

We've hat that wow-only-three-days-left panic. Still to be implemented is shop, inventory, and animations.

HUD design is still up in the air. We'll get it done! Somehow. 

lSalqJi.png

Lovely stuff! Only other thing would be to edit the title in the original post to indicate RELEASED... congrats!

Lovely stuff! Only other thing would be to edit the title in the original post to indicate RELEASED... congrats!

How do I do that? I see how to edit individual posts, but not the thread title.

Thank you for the suggestion! I'll get the title of the game up, too. 

You have to press "Full Editor" when editing the first post. I just found out myself! Your art is rad, i'm gonna start playing these at lunchtime!

Definitely a feels like a well thought out set of puzzle mechanics, and has a good look to boot!

I want that bear snowman on a t-shirt.

Not joking about this btw. Would you prefer I arrange it myself (and if so, may I?), or do you want to set up a store somewhere?