Badfinger

PAX 2015

There's been some discussion in the PAX 2014 thread already. I'll just recap by saying I'm planning on going to the Giant Bomb events on Thursday and Friday, then attending PAX itself with my wife on Sunday. I have an extra Friday ticket that my wife won't be able to use, if anyone is in the area and needs it.

I live in Seattle but missed passes this year. Trying to stay busy anyway.

Saturday night I'll get some McElroy time with live MBMBaM/Sawbones. Sunday afternoon is the (free) Seattle Indies Expo http://seattleindies.org/six/

There's been some discussion in the PAX 2014 thread already. I'll just recap by saying I'm planning on going to the Giant Bomb events on Thursday and Friday, then attending PAX itself with my wife on Sunday. I have an extra Friday ticket that my wife won't be able to use, if anyone is in the area and needs it.

I know! That's why I made a 2015 thread.

I'm kind of bummed that I won't be in Seattle for PAX, as it's always a great chance to see a bunch of nice people.

Make sure to eat here if you're going to be in the area: http://www.piroshkybakery.com/menu.php

That's what bums me out about missing PAX as well.  It's literally the only chance I get to hang out with you!  ...oh, and other cool Thumbs related people too I guess.

Speaking of foods near PAX, I saw Steve Gaynor point out that Cyber Dogs is closed.  I never ate there but it that kinda stinks because I loved the name if nothing else.

Anyone in Seattle, I'm off work and have begun drinking (at a reasonable pace) and will be around until 8pm when the GB thing starts

I'm at PAX wearing my Idle Thumbs Wizard logo shirt! I'll be at the Double Fine party wearing the brown Firewatch logo shirt.

I definitely will eat at Piroshky Piroshky! I've been to five PAX Primes but never ate there because the line looked super long. But I'm realizing that's a stupid reason because if the food is good it's worth it ^_^

Would love more food recommendations!

The Piroshky line is always long unless you go at random hours, but the staff there is really quick and you can usually get through pretty fast.

Alll those little shops in Pike Place are great and really worth checking out.

Yep, I'll second the Pike Place recommendation. There's a ton of stuff there and it's far enough from the convention center that you can avoid most of the PAX crowds. A few of my faves are Mee Sum Pastry (Chinese bakery stand), Crepe De France (great fruit/savory crepes), and Biscuit Bitch (awesome biscuits and gravy, open for breakfast and late night). Also, Monster Dogs in Belltown is good late-night drunk food.

I got to eat 4 varieties of Piroshkies while I was there and they were great! I mostly got stuff like ham, broccoli, beef etc, but next time I want to try some dessert ones. I also want to try the French bakery next time I'm there. The Chinese one smelled good but they didn't have my favorite Chinese baked thing which I don't even know what the English translation is >_<

Thanks for the recommendation!

Also for a nice I'm-on-vacation-so-fuck-it dinner I really like Brooklyn Seafood, Steak and Oyster House and Lecosho.

The Chinese one smelled good but they didn't have my favorite Chinese baked thing which I don't even know what the English translation is >_<

Can you describe it?  Maybe I can tell you what it's called so you'll know next time.

Can you describe it?  Maybe I can tell you what it's called so you'll know next time.

Phonetically the Chinese is like "Boh-lo bao" It's round and has a crumbly yellow crusty thing on top. The bread itself is kind of sweet too. I used to eat them like crazy as a kid.

I know exactly what you're talking about now.  I've never really been into pastries so they're not really my thing.  Even given that though, they are pretty good.

That reminds me of melon bread, a delicious snack in Japan.

I miss melon bread. ):

EDIT: Found it? It kind of looks like melon bread, too! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/*********_bun

Melon pan bread is the best! It's one of my cuisine highlights from my recent trip to Japan. Looking at that picture on the wiki page is starting to bring back fond memories.

(Just for the record, "melon pan" is "melon bread". "Pan" means bread in Japan, and I believe they stole it from, I wanna say, Spain?)

Yeah it's delicious. I have looked up a recipe for how to make it myself and I might try. X: