Ucantalas

Meow.

one of the last pictures taken of Moe.  He was one of the most stubborn and wonderful cats ive ever known, he had bone cancer in his jaw so towards the end was losing lots of weight and couldnt eat hard food.  Every night around 4am he'd get just close enough to my face to gently wake me up for a late night snack of tuna or ham

post-33948-0-98681700-1430837921_thumb.jpg

It's starting to get warm and he's losing his winter coat, and he's got a really dense fur coat that means he's shedding even more than before. I always forget that it's possible that he could shed more, then spring happens. 

His dense fur makes it so he's really soft, but also so that it looks like his collar is way too tight because it sinks into his fur, even though I can fit like 3 fingers in between it and his neck, so you'll just see his tags seemingly floating in front of his chest.

https://instagram.com/p/18oNk5GntX/

Tig has a habit of just hanging out on the back of my office chair.

post-33601-0-36566800-1431096471_thumb.jpg

Some of my Mum's cats!

Tommy:

Tommy.jpg

Sweep:

Sweep.jpg

Smudge:

Smudge.jpg

Sweep is the best!  Is that his name because he's grey like a chimney sweep?

Sweep is the best! Is that his name because he's grey like a chimney sweep?

After a fashion, I think so. There's a children's show in the UK about a mute glove-puppet bear called Sooty, and a fellow glove-puppet dog called Sweep, who is grey (Sooty, confusingly, is yellow). Mum has a black cat called Sooty, so it made sense. Sweep is a lovely cat though! I think she's a purebred Russian Blue, or at least close. She has a similar build and facial features.

I've wanted a Russian Blue for years.  But I only ever get my cats from shelters, and there's never been a Blue there when I've been ready to adopt.

i want a blue and a persian, but with the kid on the way my wife thinks 5 cats and a newborn will be too much & push us on the wrong side of the crazy-cat people fence

there was a persian siamese mix last time we were looking in shelters but got a day too late and was already spoken for

We set a limit at 3 cats, feeling that any more than that was was definitely crossing the line into crazy cat people territory. 

At last i got a picture of Buster (right) and Pheobie who refused to both look at the camera at the same time. Buster was left by his feral mother at our house years ago, along with his sister (Lady Baby, then renamed to Little Chip) who remained feral and later disappeared:( Buster is quite domestic now though. Pheobie was our neighbour's cat who disappeared into their attic about an hour before they left for the airport to move to the US, so my parents took her in once they coaxed her out - took around 3 days.

ojQhh4T.jpg

3U9ePPj.jpg

This thread is the best thread.

OMG he's awesomely huge! 

I've wanted a Russian Blue for years.  But I only ever get my cats from shelters, and there's never been a Blue there when I've been ready to adopt.

Pretty much all of Mum's cats are rescues; she tends to find them abandoned by the sides of roads, and takes them home with her. I think Sweep turned up in someone's garden, and they brought her to my Mum, assuming she'd take her in. Correct!

Ahhh, everyone's cats are cute! I LOVE CATS TOO!

This seems like the most appropriate thread for this.   Catlateral Damage came out this week!  It's a game whose entire point is to wander around your human's dwelling and knock their shit over. 

I backed it when it Kickstarted.  It's a neat toy, I spent about an hour playing with it last night.  I'd be hard pressed to recommend it at $10 unless you are super enamored with the idea, there's not much to it beyond knocking things over.  But it sure as hell is cute, and you can play as backers' cats and find pictures of backers' cats in the various houses/apartments. 

This seems like the most appropriate thread for this.   Catlateral Damage came out this week!  It's a game whose entire point is to wander around your human's dwelling and knock their shit over. 

I backed it when it Kickstarted.  It's a neat toy, I spent about an hour playing with it last night.  I'd be hard pressed to recommend it at $10 unless you are super enamored with the idea, there's not much to it beyond knocking things over.  But it sure as hell is cute, and you can play as backers' cats and find pictures of backers' cats in the various houses/apartments. 

My cat woke me up at 4am this morning by doing this in real life, and kept me awake for about an hour and a half by trying to pull things off the bedroom bookshelves, batting at the window blinds, knocking over things in our bedroom closet, and making a ton of noise in the bathroom that's connected to our bedroom, so what I'm trying to say, is does anyone want a slightly used 10 year old fixed tom cat who weighs about 20 pounds and loves to shred paper & cardboard? (I can't lock him out of the bedroom because he needs to get into the bathroom to use the litter box & even if I did lock him out of a room, we have carpet that he will destroy and I'd like to get some portion of our apartment deposit back.)

I wish I had good advice, I'm a terrible cat parent about being able to adjust the behavior of our cats.  Mangus, as previously mentioned, is a night howler.  And now that it's spring, Girlfriend is picking up the same habit, wanting to go out at 2 or 3 in the morning and howling until she gets what she wants.  Using a squirt bottle doesn't even dissuade her in the slightest. 

He's exclusively an indoor cat because he's always been an indoor cat, and I have far too nervous a disposition to have an outdoor cat. He isn't usually that bad, he does pretty reliably wake me up at 4, but usually doesn't keep me awake for that long. By 5:15 or so he was just walking around crying.

He's also super obsessed with chewing on weird textures, so he has been slowly shredding the bottom of our box spring to chew on the fur like fabric. I have no idea how to stop that one other than just getting rid of the box spring? We're going to buy a new mattress this summer when we move anyway, but it's so weird and I'm afraid he's going to make himself sick doing it.