Sign in to follow this  
chickenmonger

GOG added six new LucasArts games today (20 JAN)

X-Wing Alliance is an excellent video game. X-Wing Vs Tie Fighter is basically an arena shooter but in star wars space ships. Wow, the original dark forces as well.

...and not one of them bears the name "Monkey Island". :oldman:

Oh come on, Disney!

Could be related to this:

Even more to come later two days from now, according to the countdown on GOG's site.

So damn happy to see X-Wing Alliance and Dark Forces there. Both are absolutely superb games.

Could be related to this:

I saw that. And am hopeful. Then again, LucasArts has so many Star Wars games in its basement that they could release six every week for months. :o

I really like Rebellion. I can understand why people are turned off by the UI and so forth, but I spent hours and hours playing that game. It's a pretty great psuedo-4X that runs in real time and lets you send Han Solo and Chewbacca to abduct Darth Vader from a Star Destroyer.

I liked it too, despite its inscrutible controls and mechanics. There hasn't been another game that lets you secretly construct Death Stars and send them to the rebel location that you've teased out of some confidence victims.

I really liked Republic Commando.  It was nice playing a Star Wars game (that isn't a flight sim) without lightsabers in it.  It was a little short but still a good game.  I'd actually like to have seen a sequel because in general I found the clones way more interesting than the Jedi or Sith.

They just added a load more, including the digital premieres of Zak McCracken and Outlaws!