Stuart

The Official Video Game Music Corner

Hi,

Stumbled upon this site and thread by chance. I hope it's ok to post.

My name's Ollie, a few weeks back I decided to start making my own covers of retro games musics, not unlike what Smooth McGroove does, except I'm using... ahem...a banjo!
The first couple of video were a bit rough around the edges but I'm getting better at it.
I've done 4 so far and 3 more in progress and a huuuge waiting list already. Here's a few, hope you like them smile.gif

Castlevania

Secret of Mana

FFVII

Holy shit, that's some good covers, man! Thanks for sharing them here!

I've examined the thread rules thoroughly, and it seems that as long as you are a "fan", those videos are permitted.

Whoops, didn't even notice there were rules. I went a bit crazy on the last page.  :getmecoat

Dark Souls!

I finally played the add-on, and i really liked Artorias' theme.

^ This was the only good quality upload i could find, the song is only around 5-6 minutes.

Also:

Dark Souls!

Oh lordy, this game's soundtrack is monstrous, horrific bliss. I absolutely love it. 

Sword & Sworcery had a beautiful soundtrack. And a wonderful remix of one of the songs!

Nothing I can really say about this other than: listen to it, you fool.

That's my absolute favorite Grim Fandango track, and that was a great cover. Mmm, delicious.

With the original DKC composer returning to do the soundtrack for Tropical Freeze, I was pretty sure it was going to be great. There's just a touch of re-interpretation of old classics, but the majority is new and really gorgeous.

More impressive is its implementation within levels, with all sorts of iMuse-ish fading used to transition between variations — including Banjo-Kazooie's trick of underwater music being a more delicate version of the main stage theme, often in the style of the DKC1 water music for extra fan service.

Anyway, some of the all-new tracks I've enjoyed:

^ The one is really all about 2:20+

Man these are some really great tunes! DKC soundtracks have always been some of my favorites and I love how well these capture the essence of the original games.

OC Remix's latest album project covers the whole Super Mario 64 soundtrack, well worth a listen for fans. Like with any of the site's albums the styles vary dramatically, but I've really enjoyed some of it. It's been a really long time since I've heard any of M64's music — it's great!

I'd say that my favourites after a first listen are So Long-eh, Bowser!Find the Red Coin, The Strange Green Pipe, Devastation's Duel, and Do Piranha Plants Dream of Electric Italians?.

logo.png

Oh hey, glad I didn't buy the new Yoshi game.

[shitty rendition of Old McDonald Had a Farm]

And then we have this. What the fuck.

It's incredible how generally disappointing that series as a whole has been since its spectacular debut — Yoshi's Island was so good.