melmer

Persona 5 - 2015 the year of the PS3 / Persona Q - 3DS

Fingers crossed it'll be a next gen title, although I'm not holding out hope.

I've heard rumours that's its just going to be Persona 4 part 2 which I wouldn't be too happy about.

Hopefully this'll be a completely new set of older characters, or bring back an older Persona 3 cast

BZ1OiekCUAA2fGR.jpg:fart:

Is a persona 3 / persona 4 cross over RPG

Complete melt down on gaf :)

3 games were shown:

Persona Q - RPG - 3DS

Persona 4 Arena 2 - 2d fighter - PS3

Persona 4 Dancing all night - rhythm game - vita

Yeah that's the problem for me too, I only got about 1/3 of the way through both games. So I'd be completely lost playing a sequel to both.

People are still holding out hope for a persona 5 announcement :-/

This has completely crippled gaf :)

I just jumped back into the twitch stream and saw the words 'person 5' appear on screen for a split second....

Is this real life

Yes, people are announcing person 5 on ps3

It was announced for winter 2014, for the Playstation goddamn fucking 3

YEAR OF THE PS3

THIS PROPHECY HAS COME TO PASS

Keep in mind that Persona 4 was released on PS2 in 2008. So, if you thought for even a second that Persona 5 would arrive in 2014/15 on PS4 your head was in the clouds.

Yeah I had no doubts it would be a current gen game, should look absolutely gorgeous, hopefully they can keep the loading times down

Loading times have always been the absolute killer for me in 3 and 4.

Yeah it came out super late on the PS2. To Wikipedia......

Persona 4

JP July 10, 2008

NA December 9, 2008

EU March 13, 2009

Playstation 3 console Release date

JP November 11, 2006

US November 17, 2006

EU/AUS March 23, 2007

So around 2 years into the life of the PS3 (I actually thought it was longer than that, it sure felt like it in the UK)

Excited for Q, except it will doubtless use the wrong voice actress for Chie.

Persona Q is apparently being designed by some of the Etrian Odyssey dudes, which maybe explains the chibi art.

I'm strangely excited for more Persona, having only watched the Giant Bomb endurance run. Is that invalid?

I really want to play P4 for myself, but I can't due to the platforms it is released on; PS2 and Vita. It's frustrating, because I have the two in between ones, PS3 and PSP. =(

Persona 3 is on PSP I believe. I've been thinking about picking it up for a while, this crossover business might make it worth it. I also need to get Persona 4 Arena 1.

Persona 3 FES is a PS2 classic, and Persona 3 Portable is on PSP and compatible with Vita. P3FES is actually $5 on the PSN Store right now, so that's where I picked it up for play on my PS3.

Oh, I forgot you could do that. I really need to get my PS3 hooked up somewhere where I can use it more often. It's brand new and I've played maybe 4 hours with it.

I'm in the endgame of Persona 3 Portable. I've been playing it off an on for about 2 years now. I even transferred the game and save to my Vita from the PSP. It's really worth playing, but also one of the biggest time investments I've ever made in a game. I will be done it in time for the release of these, which excites me! I have also watched the GB Endurance Run, so I'm all up on my story. Plus, I have Golden on my Vita waiting for when I'm done with P3P. As a guy who does not get into JRPGs, I really like these games.

Excited for Q, except it will doubtless use the wrong voice actress for Chie.

I follow the original voice actress and she changed her avatar to a chibi Chie, but I don't remember if she officially announced it?

I don't know what to think of having a Persona RPG on the 3DS, while the Vita gets a dancing game... I'm fortunate to have both systems, but I'm pretty sure the average Persona fan doesn't? I know Atlus works for several systems, but Persona has always been a Sony exclusive, right? 

But seriously... a dancing game? Atlus, you were lucky I took a gamble and took the risk of buying your crazy block game Catherine, but a dancing game? Nope, I have no sense of rhythm, so I can't even play them. 

I feel like the average Persona fan (at least in the US) is a hardcore gamer who owns every platform known to man.