Sign in to follow this  
Patrick R

It's Halloween!

Yeah, I felt the same about that GDT opening sequence. I have no idea what is supposed to be good about it, and were it any other director, I'd assume it was some egotistical piece serving as an advertisement for their DVDs. Since it's Guillermo, the most humble director I've ever heard speak, I'm just confused why it's a long opening that is eventually strung along with references to everything he's directed ever. Add that to how ugly and terribly staged the Simpsons are now and you have what would normally appear to another idiotic piece of fan art.

Interview with Entertainment Weekly about the opening.  He basically says that they offered him the opportunity to throw everything in there so he took it.  Can't really say I blame him.

OoooOOOoOOooo, Halloweeeeeeeeeeen! Season 3 of American Horror Story has started! It was a good start!

Tonight I'm off to the store for some more black lights as well as hunting around for costume ideas.

Sexy Count Duckula?!

Anyway, I will celebrating Halloween in the usual way, to wit, going 'huh, it's Halloween'. I am more well-disposed to Halloween than I used to be, once I realised that it's early spring here so the idea of kids trick-or-treating is actually feasible, but it's still way too American a holiday for people to really want to get behind it. You could try removing the Americanisms, like jack-o-lanterns, but that would almost certainly kill the host.

For some reason, people don't find dangerous monsters and spiders all over the place particularly entertaining in Australia.

We have pumpkins, but we don't hollow them out, cut holes in them, light them on fire and then put them out to rot for a month. It's like if Rasputin were a gourd.

We usually just cut them up and then cook and eat them.

You should try hollowing them out, cutting holes in them, lighting them on fire(?), and then putting them out to rot for a month. It's fun!

Well, I don't know about the lighting them on fire or letting them rot for a month, but carving faces and stuff on them is fun!

(Also toasted pumpkin seeds yum yum yum)

Or paint faces on them, and then you can still cook them and eat them later.

Decorations almost complete. I got a second set of black lights to go with my white reapers and skulls. I'm thinking of cooking a brisket for the party, make a pulled beef sort of a thing since I'm not a fan of pork.

So guys, what would you say your list of Treehouse of Horror episodes worth watching is? 

Well, you have to go with the very first Treehouse of Horror, of course. It has my absolute favorite reading of Edgar Allen Poe's "The Raven", and guest star James Earl Jones.

Next, I recommend the Treehouse of Horror V, my personal favorite overall, with "The Shinning", "Nightmare Cafeteria", and "Time and Punishment".

Treehouse of Horror VI is also amazing, with "Nightmare on Evergreen Terrace" and "Attack of the 50-Foot Eyesores".

Treehouse of Horror X had the enjoyable "Desperately Xeeking Xena", in which Bart and Lisa are turned into superheros Stretch Dude and Clobber Girl, and face off against a supervillain version of Comic Book Guy.

Those are my favorites off the top of my head.

what are people dressing up as?

I will drinking heavily as a splicer, keeping it videogamie, and the girlfriend is going as Hathaway catwoman.

god i love video game BOOBIES

whats up with that audio? some of the characters sound super tinny but them some of them are crisp.

god i despise that song

It's a neat idea, but the song's not even remotely Halloweeny...

The perfect Halloween album? The Misfits - Famous monsters

In fact the perfect album full stop.

"We are on a witch hunt hunt hunt drown her will she sink or float

Lyrics I can't remember

We're on a witch hunt, we're on a blood hunt, we're on a witch hunt and we're gonna get you we're coming after YOU TOO"

Seriously go listen to this album now.

Oooh, splicer is a good idea.

I still have no clue what I'm dressing up as, which is a bit disconcerting. I was thinking maybe going as an Alien victim with a chest burster

Are  we just gonna' post Halloween-related music now? Because I can get behind that.