Sign in to follow this  
clyde

A game where...

Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy has three different endings depending on messed up QTEs as well. I guess that's a trend for Quantic Dream.

Heavy Rain is a good example I guess. I got the "best" ending with very little work though. I was thinking Walking Dead (Telltale) was a good example too, but the events in that game are much more set in stone

Is there a game where you are a juror and you watch an entire court-case and then decide on your verdict (that may not be the same as the other juror's) and then you either aquicesce or convince the other jurors and then watch the sentencing?

Papers Please... kinda.

A game about the food service industry. Either you're a short order cook in a busy diner or you have to manage a five-star restaurant. Is there any game about cooking that doesn't abstract it to Cooking Mama levels?

A game about the food service industry. Either you're a short order cook in a busy diner or you have to manage a five-star restaurant. Is there any game about cooking that doesn't abstract it to Cooking Mama levels?

What types of decisions would a player make in a legit cooking game?

Less about the food, and more about the service
Cart Life

if you're looking for a cuisine simulator I don't personally know of any.

I guess the sort of thing I'm more thinking of is the physicality. The thing about working in a kitchen is that you have to juggle cooking multiple things and they all exist in different places. So you have to flip the burger than run to the fryer than run to get so and so out of the oven. Most Flash type games I've played, they all exist on the same screen and it feels more like Warioware task juggling than decision making or keeping things straight in your head.

The way I've heard Quadrilateral Cowboy explained, where you run around with a laptop and you can sort of snap into "laptop mode" where your screen is taken up by the laptop's screen, if you could run to different areas of the kitchen and snap from "burger flipping" mode to "egg cracking mode" to "deep fryer" mode, that'd be closer to what I mean. 

And you could have an economy with what ingredients you have available, and make sure not to overuse them. When you cook, some days you come into work and you just clearly don't have enough mushrooms or whatever, so you either have to be more stingy with individual dishes that have them or you have to tell the server "We're out of _____" when they give you an order. And then sometimes the server gets the order wrong, or you do, and you get stuff sent back.

So yeah, is there a game that is based on this extremely specific design document in my head? Probably not. Maybe I'll try some of those games you recommended. I recall a Flash bartender game that was all about balancing drink ingredients and had limited 2D physics as far as bottle pouring goes, that was pretty interesting.

Is there a game where speech-bubbles have collision with things in the world? I'm imagining pressing "A" to talk to someone and a bird flying into the resulting speech-bubble.

That totally counts. It seems that I won't have any of these questions if I play all the games that have Phoenix Wright in them.