miffy495

Grand Thumb Auto retro PC edition

Awesome, i was going to record, but i didn't get my recorder set up in time.

So THAT's what was happening on the other side of the line! Even crazier than I imagined.

It was still a freakshow

Must confess to enjoying our Paul Walker Memorial Race quite a lot last night... is that bad?

Thought it made a nice change to just focus on racing around the city for once, without the randomness of guns/grenades (even with GTA IV's muddy handling).

Having said that, the field seemed to split up a lot quicker and stay that way for basically the duration, which meant it was quite a lonely - perhaps even solemn - event in the end. "Apt," you might say...

All of which - along with toblix mentioning it last night - reminded me of how much I miss our old Formula Thumb (Forza 4) nights on the Eggs Box. Is there anything on Steam that comes close to Forza, in terms of handling and variety? I wondered if NFS Shift 2 might be fun?

It meant that when someone fell way behind, there wasn't the option to turn around and shoot everyone for the lulz. That track/car combo was a lot of fun alright though!

Not a lot of spectacular footage form last night. Here some highlights.

Mission Accomplished:

Do a barrel roll:

Yesterday I tried one last time to get GTA4 running, but it was just not possible. I tried verifying the Steam download files, as per moderator tip, but to no avail. I uninstalled the game. After all this effort, I'll have to wait for 5 and see if that's another PC clusterfuck.

Some parkouring going on

Awesome.

I don't mean to keep missing these, honestly I don't. Yesterday I was stuck at work until eight because of someone else's cockup.

Blahblah.

Blah bla'h blah blah blahing, blah, blah blah bla'h. Blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blahblah blahblah blah's cockblah.

Excuses, excuses...

(We miss you, James!)

Apparently everyone missed this one. Well, except you. Sorry! Is it getting too close to Christmas maybe?

Apparently everyone missed this one. Well, except you. Sorry! Is it getting too close to Christmas maybe?

But surely nothing embodies the Christmas spirit better than shooting your friends off roofs with a rocket launcher..?

Anyway; yes, sorry. I bailed halfway through Monday as I'd had almost no sleep the night before and felt horrible. I should be around for next Monday's blast, but that'll be my last one for a couple of weeks.

Update: Oh fuck-socks, can't make next Monday either as I've got one of those stupid anniversary things*.

* THIS IS A JOKE. I will have been married for 13 years, woo!

Holy shit, these videos are hilarious. I wish I had GTA4 and join in the mayhem.

Holy shit, these videos are hilarious. I wish I had GTA4 and join in the mayhem.

Pick it up if you see it for cheap—you'd be very welcome!

And we're not intending to stop until GTA5 makes its way to PC, which will be a few months yet I reckon. :)

It's cheap now: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/36045/

7,50 gets you both GTA SA and GTAIV.

Aww yeah, got them both. Will be cool to finally play the multiplayer, since I never got the chance on the console version. Singleplayer was pretty convoluted and inconsistent, though it had its moments.

So yeah, I got this game. You guys have any events coming up or...? Also, is it ok if I could broadcast all of it on Twitch...for posterity's sake. :P

Monday at 20:00 UTC is the usual time. If you want to join, prepare your GTAIV a couple of hourse beforehand. It can take a whole to get it up and running with the rockstar social club and GFWL, especially GFWL

So yeah, I got this game. You guys have any events coming up or...? Also, is it ok if I could broadcast all of it on Twitch...for posterity's sake. :P

Ooh. Can we watch the Twitch stream to gain an advantage in team DM and cops & robbers modes?

No. No, you cannot.

Is that to me or Justin. :P 

Also, didn't Rockstar kick GFWL already?

It was "no" to using the stream to spy on the other team.

GTVIV still uses GFWL, to much of the enjoyment of all trying to participate in the grand thumb auto.