Sign in to follow this  
Don Jon

Nintendo trengthens internal development studios

Them trengthening their internal development studios seems to have paid off.

Why, exactly, would the gender or orientation of the character necessarily have any impact on the gameplay at all? (Unless you're pushing gender stereotypes, which actually happened with Princess Peach's DS game.)

I'm not sure it'll have an impact on game play, but it'll certainly have an impact on how people view the game. If there's suddenly: Link: A Zelda to the Past, I'll laugh and ignore it completely.

If they make something new that doesn't follow the stereotypes, I'll be interested. I just hope they don't think it's a good idea to arbitrarily change beloved franchises or games and end up with something dumb.

So I think it's safe to say Nintendo has officially trenghtened new IP with Splatoon, but I don't think Star Fox will be returning any time soon.

Did something happen that i didn't hear about? They had already confirmed that a Wii U Star Fox game is in development.

Splatoon, however, strikes me as just so interesting for being the first new IP out of EAD since Pikmin. It seems so much like the kind of game you'd see out of one of Nintendo's satellite studios, and not the kind of thing that would come from the deepest of Nintendo's internal development teams. It has just such an un-Nintendo-like vibe, it actually most reminds me of the kinds of games Sega was making in their Dreamcast days.

Sure hope it's good.

Star Fox will probably be at E3. They keep talking it up. Think it's supposed to come out by end of year?

it actually most reminds me of the kinds of games Sega was making in their Dreamcast days.

I agree, but this is probably not a comparison that inspires confidence.

Star Fox will probably be at E3. They keep talking it up. Think it's supposed to come out by end of year?

It's supposed to come out "before Zelda". That was originally before the end of the year. Now, who knows?