lumberbaron

Steam Trading Card

That stuff was going on almost immediately.  People had servers up running automated buying programs, and even less hardcore guys were sharing Greasemonkey scripts to do it in a browser window. 

If you look at card history graphs, every once in awhile you'll see a $0.10 card that sold a single unit for $10.00.  I often wonder if that's some automated buying program that glitched out. 

Yeah, I'm pretty the Idle Thumbs podcast mentioned something about bots in the Steam market place in the Xmas podblast.

I actually did a little bit of speculative buying and selling right when cards first came out, but it didn't take very long before I realized that my time was just not worth it. 

I don't even speculate. I just play the games I like, and then sell any cards I get immediately.

I have purchased several games using nothing but the money from selling these cards, including things like Terraria and Tomb Raider Legend. I'm quite happy with the system right now. :P

I don't even speculate. I just play the games I like, and then sell any cards I get immediately.

I guess that's the only reasonable course of action at this point. That kinda bums me out because I actually enjoyed collecting the cards and crafting badges, for some reason.

I just collect the cards and craft badges. Very rarely craft, but craft nonetheless.

I guess that's the only reasonable course of action at this point. That kinda bums me out because I actually enjoyed collecting the cards and crafting badges, for some reason.

The main reason for me is that I'm just not interested in collecting and crafting anything. So instead of just letting it sit and rot in my inventory I figured I might as well sell them. People who want them can get them, and I get little bits of money I can use to put towards new games for me to play.

The main reason for me is that I'm just not interested in collecting and crafting anything. So instead of just letting it sit and rot in my inventory I figured I might as well sell them. People who want them can get them, and I get little bits of money I can use to put towards new games for me to play.

Yeah I'm with you. The benefit of collecting cards is crafting for things I have no desire for like backgrounds and emoticons or you can sell them and get actual money to buy future games with. Seems like an easy choice.

I kept a spreadsheet of my card sales for several months until I got lazy about keeping track of it.  When I quit updating it, I had sold $129.15 worth of cards.  I'm probably around $200 worth of card sales at this point. Both my wife and I have Steam accounts, and I was selling the cards off both.  Some of that I spent on buying the cheapest games with cards, just because they had cards, until I realized that the drop rate on Boosters is low enough that it wasn't really profitable.  Still, most of those cards are from games that I wanted anyways (or Humble Bundles I was going to buy anyways), so selling the cards has ended up letting me buy a ton of games that I otherwise wouldn't have. 

I have no idea... I don't even know how many slots I have.

Oh I found it... I have 470 slots in total, and currently 27 allocated.

Mmm-hmm. Your slot to friend ratio is approximately 17:1.

As a Non-Speculative Trading Card Idler-Sellers, I'm on about 10:1 which is adequate for my needs.

I left Deadly Premonition running this afternoon to get the trading cards for it, and saw that I got the card for Swery65.  The text for it is, "I never expected this to be loved by so many gamers...love you all!" 

I may actually have to craft the badge for DP, not sure I can bring myself to sell the cards.

Does anybody want to trade the Payday Snow Globe card for the Football Manager (?) one? It's the only dupe I have left from the globes and the Payday one is the only one I'm missing to forge one final badge.

EDIT: Never mind, I just got the a trade now and I got a stupid skin that was only worth 30 cents. XP

I made a cool odd two euro moneys selling cards over the holidays. Think of the third of Dishonored I could buy now as soon as it goes on sale again!