Zeusthecat

I Had A Random Thought...

My hometown is infested with them. It's the worst.

I guess you could say it's a

stampede

YYYYYYEAHHHHHHH!

We have those at school, but our teacher recites them.

:P I had a sex ed class in high school as well, but it was basically just all about STDs and how you need to use a condom.  Not saying that's a bad thing, it's very good to have that knowledge, but there's no required or even optional classes about how to have sex, what to expect from your partner, the anatomy/psychology of pleasure or anything.

All the available education isn't taught or even talked about at school or at home, there are short, independent classes about handjobs, anal, cunnilingus, etc, that are available in way too few places, there's a good amount of writing on the subject but nowhere near as much science as we should have, and none of it is ever presented to youths.  Even myself growing up in a really sex-positive family had no idea how much was out there until I was 16, got The Sex Talk from my dad, and got referred to She Comes First by Ian Keller.  From there I followed the trails and found out there's a very sizable bank of knowledge on this subject which has logarithmically improved my romantic and sex life, but in our culture where anything sexual is taboo, especially from adults to kids, it's very easy to just happen not to realize all this stuff exists.

My sex ed class consisted of "Penis goes in vagina. Semen in vagina make baby. Condom/pill/other stuff stop semen in vagina." followed by STD slideshows. And then the technical names for all the dangly bits, with a little diagram that we were tested on.

Yeah, same here. I'm usually loath to lampoon the South for its backwardness, because I've come to have a quiet sort of pride in where I come from, but in this case it was exactly what you'd expect from a sex-ed class in Texas: a stripped-down, clinical treatment of the subject, shot through with health trivia and scare tactics. Thirty seconds spent trying to feel up my first girlfriend during Fellowship of the Ring taught me infinitely more.

Considering that I spent a not insignificant portion of time pawing at her lower abdomen and thinking I was rocking her world, yes. Ignorance of ignorance is the worst.

My high school sex ed class had tips on oral sex, examples of alternative relationships and a thorough legal explanation of consent.

I learned what a chili dog was from Mr Garrison. Needless to say I don't plan on ever applying that knowledge.

I have a very poor sense of the passage of time.  I'm constantly looking at my watch, clocks, my phone, my computer, etc.  If you ask me to tell you when an hour has passed and I don't have some sort of device to keep time, you'll get anywhere from 30 minutes to several hours before I tell you.  That said, my unconscious self is really good at it.  Everyday, without fail, I wake up 2-5 minutes before my alarm goes off.  It drives me nuts because it's not enough time to go back to sleep, but it's also enough that I don't want to get up yet.  I've even tried setting an alarm and not looking at a clock for a couple hours (or what I assume is a couple hours) before going to sleep and I still wake up.

Lately, whenever I write the words "color", "humor", and "favorite" I find it really hard to not put a "u" in there even though I've spelled that shit without a "u" for my entire life. I think some of the Thumbs are starting to wear off on me.

This is one of my favourite posts, and has resonated with my sense of humour in a most colourful fashion.

Are you spelling cheque instead of check yet? Because spelling the word that way is probably the best thing about being Canadian.

Cheque? That is so damn elegant. Us Americans have bastardized the English language and made it so damn boring. Although I'm pretty sure we started using "douchebag" as a derogatory term first so at least we've given something back.

Except words were originally spelled without the u, and the English adopted the u from the French. U:

or so i'm told by a british dude

Cheque is quite nice, but the best thing about being Canadian is the poutine. I am a physical being who derives more pleasure from physical sensations, in this case, the sensation of delectable poutine as it slides down my throat hole. Mmm....

Wait, those are a Canadian thing?

I always just assumed they were... well, everywhere...

I just started using these forums, and IMMEDIATELY I noticed that I get corrective reminders whenever I spell a Canadian word (ie, Favourite, Colour, etc)
It has made me question everything I know...

I just wish I could use the term "bloody" without people assuming I'm a murderer. I would be bloody happy.

There's a certain word in Chinese that sounds like a certain word that starts with "N" which I won't say here but is prolific among annoying 13 year olds on teh internets.  The Chinese word literally means "that" as in "Look at that thing over there".  Whenever I say it out loud I'm always afraid someone will overhear and misinterpret what I'm saying.  It hasn't happened yet as far as I know, but I'm convinced it will someday. 

I just wish I could use the term "bloody"...

I just go for it. I also say wank a bunch.

It's generally fine, except when the two coincide...

I just go for it. I also say wank a bunch.

It's generally fine, except when the two coincide...

And if those two coincide, it is time for a trip to the "Weird Medical Problems" thread.

That's bloody handy.

...and yes, that was my sad attempt at a pun.