melmer

Flashback

To celebrate its 20th anniversary, Flashback is back in 3D and HD. Updated for the new millennium by its original creator and rendered in 3D by the power of the unreal engine, a new generation of players can now experience a game that helped define sci-fi Action/Adventure games.

Conrad is back to save humanity from an invasion of alien Morphs set on absorbing our minds and incorporating our species! Rolling and shooting, always ready for another fight, help Conrad save the world and his girlfriend. You'll find everything you always liked in this classic that set standards of the genre in the 90's, and brought up to speed with the 21st century technology and expectations.

I never played flashback much back in the day. I remember not having a clue what the hell I was supposed to be doing. Wake up in jungle, get a train to city.... Get train back to jungle? Turn off game.

#TeamAnotherWorld (remember that black lion monster beast thing chasing you at the beginning, fuck that was awesome, and sweeping another world slugs like a pro)

For anyone who did play it, does that look markedly different? "improved"? I like how you are playing as Nathan Drake playing as Conrad Flasback. That's a nice touch for the modern era. I can't wait to start rolling and shooting!

For anyone who did play it, does that look markedly different? "improved"? I like how you are playing as Nathan Drake playing as Conrad Flasback. That's a nice touch for the modern era. I can't wait to start rolling and shooting!

Anyone who thinks this looks like an improvement from the original should have their video game license revoked.

Anyone who thinks this looks like an improvement from the original should have their video game license revoked.

:tup: x100000

I've only played a small bit of Flashback back in the day, I think it was a demo. But I do not recall it having that much explosive action in it.

The old one is not on Steam or GOG that I could see, any sensible way to get it up and running today?  Anyone played it recently? Does it still hold up?

Can't watch the movie in work. Is it 3D like Trine is or 3D like fade to black was?

The old one is not on Steam or GOG that I could see, any sensible way to get it up and running today?  Anyone played it recently? Does it still hold up?

I still have my Megadrive cartridge so I feel justified in emulating it  :oldman:

I agree. This looks like shit.

I'd love to see this get a treatment along the lines of the Another World 15th/20th anniversary editions. Not like this.

Nope, it was famously obscure for the time which makes it borderline impenetrable today. The jungle is novel, if contrived, but it turns into Generic Sci-Fi City pretty quick. And there's a Deadly Game Show, I'm told.

The animation's still pretty good, though.

If you're having trouble getting your hands on the PC version, look for the Delphine collection, it has this, Another World and a few of their adventure games.

I could never beat the game, it's like Prince of Persia with lasers, only harder.

Yeah I never beat it either. Played dozens of hours of the Sega CD (LOL) version, but I don't remember ever getting to an ending. Oh childhood gaming.

Huh, I could never get through Prince of Persia or Another world, but finished this one at least three times. It holds up for me (the most recent time was ~4 years ago),

A part of me is wondering if this would be a good way to give the game another go since I suck at the original...

The answer is no. They could not have chosen a worse way to tackle a remake of Flashback.

Having never played Flashback, it looks okay to me.