darthbator

Thumbs at GDC?

I have a message from subbes: she says she'll be wearing purple on top and black on the bottom if you need to find her. (To be honest, she'll probably be wearing that either way.)

Hey Fizzbang, are you with Riot (or wear Riot Games t-shirts)?  If so, think I ran into you outside RSA last month, when I was with my boss and in my "just a random short fat woman, totally not subbes" uniform.  You were wearing an utilikilt and maybe smoking?

I'll be in town Thursday with shammack (I work out of NextSpace sometimes) and available after 5ish; maybe later if my boss wants to take shammack and I for a few drinks.  

Our only other limit is that we have to make the last ferry at 9:35.

Let's do this.

Weird! I'm afraid that couldn't have been me - I work at 2K Marin, only have a regular kilt, and don't smoke. Now I'm curious to find my Riot doppelganger. Obviously, we must fight.

But I still endorse meeting up! How about tonight at Local Edition, say at 9ish? All thumbs welcome - I'll be the guy with long, purple hair.

Local edition sounds good to me. I tend to end up drinking at Dave's a lot when I go to conferences up here (hmmm that doesn't actually sound positive after typing it). I could really use to expand my knowledge of downtown SF bars!

I'll be out in Yerba Buena Gardens at 6:30 after to con today to see all you wonderful folks. 

I hear Richard Hofmeier won at the IGF! And then he decided he didn't need any publicity anymore and gave it to Porpentine:

BGd6fU_CUAA-ePl.jpg

Edit - Oh I guess there was a straight up GDC 2013 thread that's not a meetup thread. My bad.

We're about 10m from Yerba Buena so we may be a bit late. WAIT FOR US.

I'm the guy on my computer working on his game in the park =P HOW IS THERE WIFI IN THIS PARK!?! I AM AMAZED!!!

I am slighty worried I am on the wrong "side" of the park. If no one shows up I'm programming in a beautiful park so I'll be here for a while  :tup: I'm sitting  on the 

We have a wizard sign. This is great.

I'm finishing up this talk and then I'll head up there. U:

Good times! That flash was really bright in that dark room. I couldn't maintain my composure. WELP.

Are any of you guys in the indie games micro postmortem right now? I took cards from everyone and left them back at my buddies place this morning on the way out.

I've managed to develop a headache in the past hour during the experimental game thing. If there's anything I know about myself it's that my headaches don't go away unless I stop moving around and rest in comfort. It was great hanging out last night. Gonna go home and recuperate now.

OK, so who is who in the pics?  I'm the wide purple gal.

I'm this guy. Hello.

x7gC0Ry.png

I had fun with all you cool folks.

I am back from GDC making my prestigious first post on this privelaged forum thread!

First GDC, first time in SF. I have a load of stuff to talk about, but I'll just write this one post instead. Didn't see any thumbs, sorry.

On the first couple days, I was staring at basically everyone thinking "Is that the guy who made Antichamber?... is that guy on Revision3 or something? Was that guy over there in the Amnesia Fortnight videos...?", and 100% of the time it was not who I thought it was, and turned out to be just some dude.

Then, on about the third day, I was at the traffic lights waiting to cross to the convention centre for a while, and about 5 seconds after I crossed through the guy opposite me: I realised he looked strikingly like Big Bird-- but I turned around and we were on opposite sides of the road!

Then at the awards that night, he accepted an award wearing the same clothes and I was like "Hey that's that same guy!" I'd walked right next to Jake and didn't even notice. Like two ships passing in the night, all we are is dust in the wind.

Then I hit the expo floor and saw the whole fuckin internet.

Oh apparantly Jake and Sean did a really smart lecture about something? guh I am the worst fan.

Actually I did meet Steve at his Gone Home panel.

If I was a cool dude, I would've said "Where is the conf grenade!? Ha haaaa but seriously, how many people have walked straight up to you and just yelled Hot Scoops, baboo?" which is what I was thinking.

But what really happened is I bumbled around the IGF like a lost baby, and said "EXCUSE ME, DOES THIS GAME HAVE PUZZLES?"

He said "Oh, hi I'm Steve,"

to which one would usually shake the hand and say their own name, but I said "STEVE GAYNOR!!"

So that was hilarious, I'm glad I had that dumb experience.