darthbator

Thumbs at GDC?

Hey fellow thumbs! I know we have a few developers on here and I was wondering if anyone else here was headed to GDC next week? Maybe we could have a little quick thumbs meet up or something after one of the days? I'm only doing the expo floor (so the last 3 days of the show). I love talks, but I just couldn't afford that this year :(. Really one of the only reasons I'm heading up is to try and hunt a job (also I haven't been to SF this year yet, what's up with that?). 

If you guys want to get together post it in here and we'll do our best to show up! We're all running around like chickens with our heads cut off but it'd be a delight to see you guys.

I'm about all week as a Conference Associate and - as long as the bar isn't 21+ - would love to hang out.

(Also, Sean - if you and Jake can find some free time to do the interview we discussed last year, hit me up on twitter or e-mail or something :) )

Let's do it; Jake is out of town until Tuesday; will talk to him then.

Myself and a Thumbsian colleague are here for the week - we'd definitely be in for some kind of get together!

I'm not officially attending GDC this year, but I am in town and can make it to meet-ups after work. I was kind of surprised it wasn't mentioned in the most recent 'cast.

Woo! Got my badge, hangin out in the West Hall. About to grab some food from one of the suggestions in the other GDC 2013 thread.

I say we need a way to communicate a bit faster, like a twitter # or something because logging into this forum takes a bit longer than checking my phone. Any ideas? #GDCthumbs?

What would be a good location? I'm not exactly SF scene savvy anymore. I'm flying up tomorrow morning and should be on the show floor Wednesday morning! I plan on just generally freestyle bumming it around SF most of Tuesday, so I have no particular agenda then either. Would be super great to meet up!

I'm workin' today and tomorrow, but probably I will be going to SOMETHING tomorrow night after I get off work. After that it's all GDC until I die from exhaustion. Or until GDC ends, I guess!

Turns out work didn't send anyone to GDC (Probably trying to keep us from learning how a real company works, lol) but being my first year in SF during GDC I'd love to meet up too, I've always missed the thumbs crowed at paxes and such, so I have no excuse this time.

It looks like I'll be there on Thursday only, so I don't know if I'll be available for an official meetup, but if you see me, feel free to say hi and I'll be all socially inept at you. I look like this, more or less, and may be wearing my Wizard's Tunic (the Idle Thumbs t-shirt, not an actual tunic).

I think im going to the secret black fedora party Thursday night if anyone else is.

Also, why don't we meet up in the park above the north hall? Its right there and we can go get some drinks or something.

Sounds like a plan to me! We'll all meet up in the park and synchronize our decoder rings and then venture forth.

I know an abandoned warehouse we could meet in.... I'm totally not trying to murder anyone, honest.

I'm not officially attending GDC this year, but I am in town and can make it to meet-ups after work. I was kind of surprised it wasn't mentioned in the most recent 'cast.

Hey Fizzbang, are you with Riot (or wear Riot Games t-shirts)?  If so, think I ran into you outside RSA last month, when I was with my boss and in my "just a random short fat woman, totally not subbes" uniform.  You were wearing an utilikilt and maybe smoking?

I'll be in town Thursday with shammack (I work out of NextSpace sometimes) and available after 5ish; maybe later if my boss wants to take shammack and I for a few drinks.  

Our only other limit is that we have to make the last ferry at 9:35.

Let's do this.

Hey guys it's super imperative that someone tell me where I can find delicious food around this convention center!

Also here's a picture of me so you all know me if you happen to see me running around. Don't hesitate to run up to me and hug me out of nowhere in a totally ridiculous manner. 

Photo+on+3-27-13+at+9.33+AM.jpg

This just in, I think I'm losing more hair by the second. 

Amber India (go up past Yerba Buena towards the Jewish museum, it's in the square made by 3rd and 4th and Mission and Market) - great buffet.  Also there's a cream puff store - Beard Papa's - next to Amber that is AMAZING and you must try it but be aware that you will get powdered sugar all over yourself.

Hey guys it's super imperative that someone tell me where I can find delicious food around this convention center!

Also here's a picture of me so you all know me if you happen to see me running around. Don't hesitate to run up to me and hug me out of nowhere in a totally ridiculous manner. 

Photo+on+3-27-13+at+9.33+AM.jpg

This just in, I think I'm losing more hair by the second. 

I would hug the shit out of you and you would never see it coming.

Maybe next year?

Okay!

Any objections to meeting at 6:30pm?  

(It would have to be outside the Moscone as I don't have a badge.)

6:30 is okay with me! Looking forward to meeting some people. U:

I saw Chris this morning in the audience at a Double Fine talk thing and I was planning to assault him post-presentation, but I lost him in mass exodus. O woe!

I stopped Jake in the IGF area just to say what's up. I then proceeded to be super super awkward.

So we're on for meeting up at 6:30 at the park on "top" of Moscone North and then heading out to get drinks somewhere?

I'm not really sure what you guys mean by "park" or "on top of", but I guess I'll figure it out tomorrow!

EDIT: Oh, Yerba Buena Gardens thing. The "on top of" really threw me off until I realized it actually is basically on top. WELP.