melmer

Destiny

LETS DO THIS!

my copy got dispatched Saturday afternoon, so i expect it will be waiting for me when i finish work today. I look forward to playing through those first 5 hours AGAIN grooooooan. God i hope the tutorial/opening hours are different than the beta, although i'm not holding out much hope

Remember to join the clan: http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/147032

Check out the multiplayer thread: https://www.idlethumbs.net/forums/topic/9511-destiny/

huh, they seem to have gotten rid of the confusing 'select a platform' bit on the clan page which is good

From what I saw on early morning Destiny streams today, it looks exactly the same. I stopped watching after thirty minutes, mostly because I thought it'd be boring for a THIRD time when I'm actually playing the game.

Oh man maybe I should buy a Pl4yStation and Destiny and a Vita for Remote Play paradise

399 PS4

059 game

169 Vita refurb

049 PS+

wait

dang

Live-action trailer sure looked exciting though

See you on the other side! Enjoy your Destiny-themed wedding cape Mington! :)

I can't wait to grind for sweet loot in Destiny on my Vita while watching TV every night forever.

I'd hope when you get your space ship and visit the crucible for the first time you'll be allowed to visit another planet. Should be able to blaze through that in an hour...

Also, i actually bought this game! so, aren't i entitled to some PS4 exclusive pre-order shoulder pads or something?

Capes are cool! unfortunately, i roll as a blue emo mage and aren't allowed to wear capes, it's one of the only laws in this dystopian future. NO MAGE SHALL WEAR CAPE! but i can sport a sexy little side skirt

Haven't you seen The Incredibles? Only fools wear capes.

Anyway, I'm pretty excited. So excited that I bought the bundle that includes the expansions! Fully aware that was stupid, but I think I get some sweet ship that definitely makes it worth it? Now to decide if I want to do space wizard/mage again or try one of the other classes...

I can't wait to grind for sweet loot in Destiny on my Vita while watching TV every night forever.

THIS!

Also

200.gif

I think I'm going to be a giant nerd and stay up until midnight tonight and play for 5 minutes until the servers crash.

Yeah I'd love to go all digital but it's far to expensive

I only paid £25 for it. I preordered it a year ago and at some point they were selling it at £35, so they're honouring that price point, and I had a £10 coupon/credit in my account at the time. :BrentFace:

Also, I don't actually like video games and quit most within a couple of hours, so I'd get stuck with a lot of unused overpriced digital goods and feel like a right mug

That's fair enough. Could not find it anywhere at that price point! It would have made a huge difference if I had. Have you tried buying stuff via the US PSN? $=£ according to Sony, so if you do you save 50% on everything thanks to the exchange rate. 

I have an irrational hatred of standing up and changing a disc. I don't know why but it really irks me to change a game. I've been known to play the same game over and over simply because I can't be bothered to switch discs. All digital is amazing!

I have an irrational hatred of standing up and changing a disc. I don't know why but it really irks me to change a game. I've been known to play the same game over and over simply because I can't be bothered to switch discs. All digital is amazing!

For single player only stuff I don't mind disc, but if it's a multiplayer thing, you want to be able to hop right in when you see a friend come online. Having to switch discs is a hasssle.

That's a good point. It's still pretty dumb that the simple act of changing discs matters to me so much. 

Back on topic: WOO 6 HOURS UNTIL SERVER CRASH!

Pre-ordered my copy a while ago so I could try the beta, so am stuck waiting for it to arrive in the post tomorrow :(

Looking forward to awakening ancient evils, becoming legend and doing what humans do best- shoot aliens in the face. Take that, everyone who isn't us! 

Even in one of the opening cinematics where humans first walk on Mars, they're carrying automatic rifles. Hilarious. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtsRKuRJe6A)

Apparently the game unlocks at midnight pacific, in case any of you eastern Americans were thinking about staying up for it.