House of the Dying Sun is a space sim. You fly a starfighter around and blow stuff up. Also eventually you get to recruit other ships and order them around while you fly around. Your goal is to assassinate the traitor lords. You can play it with an Oculus Rift. You can play it with a gamepad. You can play it in space. It comes out on Steam Early Access in June 2016.

Links

I remember seeing the first announcement video for this, and thought it looked pretty cool. There's not a ton of info yet, so I'm keeping my expectations low, but it definitely looks like something that has the potential to rule pretty hard.

Unsure if this will shape up to be a more interesting game than the disappointing Strike Suit Zero apparently was, but goddamn if that isn't an awesome aesthetic. From the 70s sci fi cover to the sweet lo fi but tightly designed art style and sound design. Very nice stuff.

He should get on Greenlight, if for no other reason than I can favorite this and not forget it.

This looks awesome!

I am intrigued by this and Rogue System, a hardcore DCS-esque space combat sim:

I do wish they were both on Greenlight so I could fav'n'forget.

Man, this game has come along very nicely, it looks fantastic.

And sweet jesus, that cover is glorious. 

This looks awesome!

I am intrigued by this and Rogue System, a hardcore DCS-esque space combat sim:

I do wish they were both on Greenlight so I could fav'n'forget.

Oh no, the youtube video description has a link to the kickstarter page, and evidently the game was not funded. Damn shame, because it looks like a lot of fun. I hope he found some other way to fund it.

I LOVE that "naked Polygon" look. Reminds me a lot of the early 90s space combat games by DID, Epic and Inferno.

It's funny how after the near death of the space flight genre, we are on the verge of having a bunch of games in it all come out at once.

I hope you're all as excited about Enemy Starfighter as I am.

I think describing my level of excitement as anything other than "indescribable" would be unwise.

I think describing my level of excitement as anything other than "indescribable" would be unwise.

Inevitably, ineffable excitement emerged for Enemy Starfighter.

It's funny how after the near death of the space flight genre, we are on the verge of having a bunch of games in it all come out at once.

Indeed, but so very few of them excite me. I really wish that X:Rebirth had turned out decently because X:3 with a better interface and more features sounds awesome. I backed Elite, but I'm not sure how that's really going to turn out.

Everytime I try a new space sim, I'm diasspointed and I put it down in a couple of days.

Random Rampancy Fact of the Day:

Rampancy used to work at Bungie and was responsible for the Sabre starfighter sequence in Halo: Reach.

Oh yeah, and here's the latest trailer from back in March and it is glorious: