Sign in to follow this  
Jake

Idle Thumbs Progresscast #13!

Somebody DID make a Decameron! The incomparable Pasolini, who you might remember from such crowd pleasers at Salo: 120 days of Sodom.

Sure, but it still definitely wasn't what Sean was describing.

And probably neither Decameron nor the Decalogue make for a good format for Idle Thumbs' Terrence Malick's Sid Meier's Civilization...

And probably neither Decameron nor the Decalogue make for a good format for Idle Thumbs' Terrence Malick's Sid Meier's Civilization...

Nah, I can see it as a great framing device! A small group of carefree revellers retreat to a lonely bunker in a radioactive swamp to escape the slow march of the world into oblivion. They choose to pass the time before the nukes finally drop spinning tales of the wretched lives lived by others in this war-torn and Orwellian future.

Hmm! You might be right. Might as well keep it ribald to boot.

After having to use my mouse left-handed for three weeks now, I'm pretty sure I can become that guy Sean was talking about in regard to DotA 2 when my wrist recovers. Now if only computers recognized two different mouse inputs.

... OR DO THEY?

They do. But Windows doesn't get it, so the mice will battle for control of the cursor.

They do. But Windows doesn't get it, so the mice will battle for control of the cursor.

That's a game all in itself.

the mice will battle for control of the cursor.

Is Transformice making a comeback?

I don't know the right place to post this but I watched the first few minutes of the Twitch.tv livecast of JP LeBreton playing through Bioshock.

It was excellent; LeBreton is a great speaker and talked about a lot of behind-the-scenes details that we wouldn't even think to ask about. This is fifth-anniversary-edition worthy commentary.

(Then I saw my first Splicer and I ragequit the livestream. Guess I still hate Bioshock after all these years!)