ThunderPeel2001

The threat of Watch Dogs

I tend to agree with David Jaffe (off the GiantBomb E3 cast) when he said he'll be excited when we have more context for street violence. I like the idea, it looks incredible, just what's going on?

I will say that I really appreciate cars (mostly) acting like they've been shot with bullets, rather than bullets filled with high explosive.

Basically a proof of concept right now, so who knows what the gameplay is. That mini map is going to have to change, because it's disorienting as hell to even watch, hehehe.

Also, why would anyone be asking David Jaffes opinion on anything? I'm just confused by that.

Also, why would anyone be asking David Jaffes opinion on anything? I'm just confused by that.

Because he's an intelligent guy with decently informed or at least formed opinions? Do you not like him because of his reputation or do you have an actual reason?

Maybe I've never looked passed the wild headline comments and cursing to really give him any benefit of being intelligent.

Have a listen to this.

http://www.giantbomb...?podcast_id=315

Both this and last years E3 casts he's had a lot of intelligent things to say, though he can be a bit abrasive/interruptive, it's always in the name of furthering the discussion. He talked a lot last year about how he regrets his hotheadedness and how he's calmed down a lot in recent years.

Thanks, I'll give it an honest shot. I was honest when I said Iw as confused, didn't mean to make it sound so negative, I just did't understand, so hopefully these casts will give me some insight. Thanks Orvidos!

Fyi, David Jaffe segment starts at around 75m35s-ish.

A+ Thread title would click again.

Like most, I had my curiosity piqued when this demo appeared, and my mindloins are wet at the premise playing a cyberspy, but was disappointed when he pulled out the gun.

There was one thing I noticed, though. When he pulled up the menu top mess with the light, I'm pretty sure one of the options were CONTROL TRAIN.

Elsewhere on the net we've been saying this game is like a child of Deus Ex + GTA. Which more than fine with me. I haven't been this excited for a game in a while.

There was one thing I noticed, though. When he pulled up the menu top mess with the light, I'm pretty sure one of the options were CONTROL TRAIN.

It was.

Seeing the caption "everything is connected" below the title made me really, really, really, hate this game, but it was cool. There isn't really anything in that video let's me know if I'll actually want to play the game at all or if I think it will be good because at this point it could go either way, but it was cool.

Also, I think that GTA IV already had a decent storyline. It took only took itself as seriously as it needed to and fit the style of game very well.

P.S. I saw Jaffe's keynote at PAX last year and while I didn't really care for it that much, he's certainly more than just the angry doucebag everyone thinks he is.

He tends to be very full stop with his opinions.

A GTA-like where mass murder is purely optional (but possible) much like sneaky vs. shooty in DX would be brilliant! I don't know if this is it, though that's likely because I can't be bothered to watch the videos. We'll know at release.

I'm just tired of getting hyped up about games that may end up very different to original expectations.

"Everything is connected, nothing is true"

There is no bathroom?

It's like the Human Centipede. Everything is connected.

I'm just tired of getting hyped up about games that may end up very different to original expectations.

Fair enough. There's plenty of room for this to turn out to be a load of crap. It would be great if it was GTA without a predictable and uneven Houser script, though.

Nobody should ever invoke that film ever again. Barfing everywhere.

Nobody should ever invoke that film ever again. Barfing everywhere.

I decided to share my first thought when considering these two posts:

post-6030-0-09579400-1339526621_thumb.jpg

New trailer up, now with more train stopping:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=EtBh4QzZKz4

While this does certainly look like it'll be GTA IV + Hacking, I'm somehow not really into the idea of playing that kind of game. The interactions feel very, very simplified, with basically everything having one possible option. Stop train, hack people's bank accounts, activate road blocks etc. It also suffers from dev demo possibility space obfuscation. He's doing all this stuff as if it makes sense, but we have no idea why or whether there's a briefing you get beforehand or if you can just wander around the city, saving bystanders Spider Man 2 style then proceeding immediately to probably kill several cops. Having free reign to do what you want would be quite interesting, but I'm not seeing a very wide variety of intractable elements to make that a very likely expectation.

Looks like sleeping dogs without the fun.

It's a shame as back when they first showed it it seemed like it would really matter if you pulled out a gun and started popping people. Shooting someone in this game would be a big deal! But now it looks like you'll be popping people left right and centre. Pop pop. Drive by popping.shame

I wonder what the multiplayer hook is? They haven't mentioned it again since the initial reveal.