Sign in to follow this  
TheLastBaron

YOUR WOLD!

I mean, ok... He seems to just be randomly hiring a bunch of kids to draw up concept art for him, and fair enough, no need to shit on their talents.

Yea, that was pretty much my point, but don't get me wrong, if it's shit it's shit, but I guess I differentiate "it's shit" and "commit ritual suicide" as criticism. And thus it was mostly directed at Orv, even if he was saying it in a joking manner. :grin:

I am not trying to tell people what they can't and cannot say; just urging a bit more mindfulness, which might be a weird thing to ask for on the internet. But now it seems like I'm making this a "thing", I'm not trying to make it a "thing". It's not a thing.

Edited by PiratePooAndHisBattleship

I agree. My reaction was meant in a context of it being presented as concept art for a million-dollar game. I actually mean that I would be proud if I had drawn that, though I would be embarrassed by the subject. My deviantART alter ego wouldn't feel any embarrassment, though.

Yeah, I see where you guys are coming from. The characters in these concept drawings are definitely too bad ass for a lot of people and there's for sure a large group of gamers that might be put off by how awesome they are. I also like that dinosaur barbarians exist in the same world as cyborg elves, as based on his post about mounts, presumably cars.

"A medieval town with spaceships! This is what you can expect in this game at some point."

I dunno, there's a kid in me that thinks all of this stuff is fucking awesome.

It's this 1990s video game ridiculous design going on and even if I know this is going nowhere, I'm glad it exists.

I think this is how Shadowbane was designed. Lots of "wouldn't it be awesome if x?!" combined with not having a clue of how to make x happen or thinking about the consequences it would have on everything else.

I think this is how Shadowbane was designed. Lots of "wouldn't it be awesome if x?!" combined with not having a clue of how to make x happen or thinking about the consequences it would have on everything else.

Hey, Shadowbane was a great game. :finger:

You know, in between the crippling lag in sieges, the complete imbalance of Centaur Priests, and the fact that the Chinese alliances completely dominated entire servers for months at time.

Probably don't need to beat a dead horse, but this thing got real, real weird.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/120873716/your-world/posts/208979

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/120873716/your-world/posts/209457

^ The comments on this one are incredible, oh my god.

"Here is something you all need to think bout. This project once funded is going to create jobs and a lot of jobs. Trying to kill it is only hurting people who need jobs. So for the american people who need jobs they thank you. In the initial phase we will have to hire at a min of 75 people. Once it goes live we could be hiring up to 400 people."

Good luck getting a game done with a budget of $2500 for each staff member… and nothing else.

Edit: I cannot believe how hard he is failing, and how vigorously people are tormenting him.

attachment.php?attachmentid=821&stc=1&d=1334914256

Edit edit:

gm2LjQayNxc

post-461-13375603577216_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nachimir

This is the greatest thing ever and you love it. I'm excited to learn about the great mystery of the game - will you be able to run around in the nip or not. If yes, will you be able to mix and match your peen type like other body parts?

I'll probably get some shares since he is aiming to capture 25% of the $1.5 billion dollar MMORPG market by 2014.

"Rhinokio do you know what the word liable means? Think about it and think about my resources and then imagine what I could do to someone legally. :-) "

Oh God this is so hard to watch ugh

That he's so willing to accept and integrate terrible ideas from anybody who is fronting a positive impression of his project could probably be exploited in really horrible and entertaining ways.

Like, the whole hookerbot thing seems to have started out of one person's troll.

Also, he seems to have erased the dinosaur barbarian from the kickstarter, i am disappoint.

There's also that whole thing about him trying to setup a post-kickstarter investment thing. Is it a money scam? I honestly can't tell. It's clearly a horrible idea, i just don't know if it's born out of maliciousness or naivete. (Sure looks like one sleazy motherfucker though, i would not trust that man with money. Anybody catch all the gold rings he's wearing in the videos?)

If it's MY WORLD, then why aren't hookerbots legal and regulated?

And, oh my god. The guy needs a reality check. :grin:

Leaked concept art for the robo-crabs. Managed to get it before it got taken down by Ellwood's legal team.

topsecret.jpg

:broken:

It was basically just a metal Mr. Crabs from Spongebob. Hence its swift removal.