Sign in to follow this  
TheLastBaron

YOUR WOLD!

I don't know why everyone is so cynical and this is coming from a registered cynic.

It's a go nowhere project, but I'd like to imagine if it wasn't, because, really, from just what's been written it sounds like the craziest god damn thing to see.

So I don't know why anyone wouldn't want this thing to get made.

...wait, what the he-

Wow, it's like the age old game development trope of trying way too hard to shoot way too high taken to comedic extremes... amazing. I can't decide how real the notion might be.

It's like if a twelve year old had all the resources and drive in the world to put behind their naive thought experiments.

That reminds me of when my first successful game was going to be an MMO. I was 13 at the time. :grin:

This seems like a phase a lot of beginners go through and then you find out that making games is actually really hard!

I've never had the desire to work on an MMO. I've wanted to make games all my life, AND I love [the potential of] MMOs. Sure, I have ideas, but an MMO is literally the last thing I would ever want to work on, purely because I know it's so relatively complicated and difficult to do things right.

Also, even if this is real and not a troll, and even if he got all the money, I would bet an amount of money equal to what he gets from Kickstarter that the game would never be finished. At least, not to the feature set that he's laid out for us.

Even if this Kickstarter fails, I hope he goes ahead and tries to make it anyway and then succeeds. That'd be the best. :grin:

That reminds me of when my first successful game was going to be an MMO. I was 13 at the time. :grin:

This seems like a phase a lot of beginners go through and then you find out that making games is actually really hard!

Hehehe, I was thinking the same thing, my friends and I tried making one in high school after we futzed around "modding" UO. It was about as crazy as this thing was, so I have a place in my heart for go nowhere projects; I'd love to see one actually try to get made one day, I think it would turn out to be something like Cargo: The Quest for Gravity.

Funny story, we knew the brother of Ray Muzyka, which was pretty cool guy, but he encouraged us to make something more grounded. We never ended up making anything playable, but it gave me a direction in life at the time, so that's cool.

Anyway, point of the story, I think ludicrous go nowhere projects aren't a bad thing, they just don't need millions of dollars for what the people making get out of them.

He still seems to be recruiting people for his game, so I am sure that if some of you wanted you could even work for this guy.

Also, where did he get the million dollar goal from? If it took about 2 so million for Costume Quest I don't know how you would come up with something on the scope of anything that he is dreaming up, let alone something on the scope of a WoW or even a SecondLife. He also claims that every server is going to be different, so does that mean entirely unique worlds, or that each of them are just segments of the world in total.

It kind of sounds like someone's dream journey and they attempted to turn all of the random into a pitch.

I kind of assume winning the lottery has gone to his head and he thinks he can do anything because he beat those odds.

One of the reasons I don't draw is that, had I drawn something like that, I would probably feel a little proud.

One of the reasons I don't draw is that, had I drawn something like that, I would probably feel a little proud.

I assume you would then commit seppuku to cleanse the horrible shame.

(What the fuck is thaaaaaaaaaaat. :eek:)

Everyone has to start somewhere; no one becomes great overnight. It seems like another matter if one would want this for a multi-million dollar production, but I don't really see a need to be vicious about some random dudes drawings. And hey, it's an improvement compared to that other concept art shown.

The art is just fine. The subject matter concerns me greatly.

dfe03cf125c05774bdde957a046b25d1.jpg

Did they steal this from Lizardo Online, the David Icke MMO?

Everyone has to start somewhere; no one becomes great overnight. It seems like another matter if one would want this for a multi-million dollar production, but I don't really see a need to be vicious about some random dudes drawings. And hey, it's an improvement compared to that other concept art shown.

Uh, but isn't that exactly what this is trying to be?

The 1.1 million he wants is to fund, apparently, just the first year of development, at which point the naive fellow behind this wants to back the project the rest of the way through investors and his own lottery winnings.

I mean, ok... He seems to just be randomly hiring a bunch of kids to draw up concept art for him, and fair enough, no need to shit on their talents.

... but holy shit, that is still a barbarian with dinosaur legs.

... but holy shit, that is still a barbarian with dinosaur legs.

Thiiiiiiis. I don't care whether the art is good or not. What the fuck is it and how many tactical nuke cards do I have to play to kill it?