Lu 

EA™ and DICE™ present™ Battlefield™ 3

Honestly, I can't stand the way EA is behaving. Putting their game exclusively on Origin is one thing, but issuing press releases about how they're the victim is too much. They should be trying to gain customer trust through positive means, not by negative campaigning.

beta is live, battlelog still a pain in the ass. Played a few rounds, weird seeing teams on offense actually winning. Also totally removed the apc that was in this map.

Does it feel like bad company or does it feel like a pc battlefield game?

That's my biggest concern, I liked the features of bad company, but couldn't stand playing the game(I played the pc version) because it just felt swimmy and like I should be using a controller.

I'm using Origin (bleh, by the way) to download and install the beta right now. I think my Origin name is Gwardinen, but who knows? I believe I can also be found through my Live username of Lord Tydeus or my PSN username of Gwardinen. Not totally sure.

Let me know if people are going to be doing Thumbs Battlefield stuff, as I'm really curious about whether this game is going to be worth getting.

I know I'm going to fold sooner or later, but after my experience with failing to get a copy of Spore I bought through Origin to accept the serial key I got with the game, I'm going to try to stay away for as long as possible.

Feels more like the COD engine stuck in BC2. The faster kills are welcome, but no reviving isn't.

I'm on as eclipt1c for the pc version and Squid Division for the xbox one.

revives are the best change, I like being able to kill people that are getting up instead of them being a shield of invincibility.

Feels more like the COD engine stuck in BC2. The faster kills are welcome, but no reviving isn't.

I thought BC felt more like COD then Battlefield, so I dont know what to make of this.

I just have a feeling that I'm better off staying away from this, even if I love old battlefields. The time of mp fps for me might just be over now. I liked the unlocks of Battlefield 2 because they were just extras, I found the unlocks of bad company to be pretty much necessary where I often wondered why I just wasn't playing an rpg... I dunno, just not down with this shit and the whole singleplayer "experience" of B3 has me super skeptical it resembles the old battlefields.

I had a quick game this afternoon, mostly because I want to see what my new video card makes of this sucker. It looks really damn good, so that's a plus. My team won a thing and I feel pretty good about that. Multiplayer stuff has never been my thing, so I have nothing to compare it to. Fun enough though. If there are Thumb games happening, I'd be up for some shooting.

The game doesn't actually run for me. It crashes on start up. Ah well.

Yeah, it only runs in windowed mode for me, but oh well. It runs.

Alt+Enter

(That doesn't actually work for me for some random programs for no apparent reason)

I got it to work. Needed to rename the install path from Bèta Battlefield 3" to "Beta Battlefield 3" and then also change the same thing in the registry.

I'll wait a few weeks until after launch before I get it, because DICE.

Alt+Enter

(That doesn't actually work for me for some random programs for no apparent reason)

Yeah, tried that. No dice.

See what I did there?

I'd play this if it wasn't for the grind. In an interview, someone from EA bragged about how they really hit it out of the park this time and ensured people will be grinding away for years. They were upset that even though a lot of people are still playing BC2, they don't have to grind anymore... This is not a game for me.

I'd concur with you, but if you're playing, do you actually pay any attention to that stuff? I get it though. All that stupid XP and unlocking shit. It can add something to the experience, but sometimes game designers just make me feel like a monkey hitting the button for food, you know?

Not sure yet how bad it is in this game; I need to play more.

I don't pay much attention unless I know I'm close to an unlock. I do prefer unlocking things for individual weapons though. Instead of the whole "I just got the 4x scope for everything, time to win" thing from bc2.

I'd concur with you, but if you're playing, do you actually pay any attention to that stuff? I get it though. All that stupid XP and unlocking shit. It can add something to the experience, but sometimes game designers just make me feel like a monkey hitting the button for food, you know?

Not sure yet how bad it is in this game; I need to play more.

Well, BC2 severely limits your tactical choices unless you unlock everything. I was never able to get the M14 that would have suited my playing style. A big annoyance when I started playing was that I was defenseless against snipers because I couldn't get any smoke grenades for ages.

Yeahhh.... not to chime in with nothing but nay saying, but that quicklook pretty much covered that this isn't the battlefield for me.

I'll just keep hoping they eventually re-release 1942 for PC.

The beta is running about as smoothly as something that's not running smoothly at all. I got this weird issue where 80% of the time, mouse movement and world movement is choppy and jittery as hell. Makes it kind of hard to play.

Well, BC2 severely limits your tactical choices unless you unlock everything. I was never able to get the M14 that would have suited my playing style. A big annoyance when I started playing was that I was defenseless against snipers because I couldn't get any smoke grenades for ages.

That is true and I have noticed that I keep getting out shot by people who have x4 scopes on their guns, although that is like the first thing you unlock for a weapon.

Anyway, I have no faith in DICE whatsoever that they'll fix this game before launch.

Add me, man! Let's get this party started!