ThunderPeel2001

Double Fine Action... Podcast?!

Apparently so!

It features Tim Schafer, Costume Quest's Tasha Harris and Gabe Miller.

Tiny news article about it on the DF site: http://www.doublefine.com/news/comments/this_is_a_test_of_the_double_fine_action_cast_system/

MP3 Here: http://bit.ly/gn8LS4

Edit: Finished listening to it and I have to say that I rather enjoyed it! I hope they do more. I think they could take a leaf out of Idle Thumbs's book and actually take a break between segments -- you could tell that it helped to keep the energy up. In the DF one Gabe and Tasha sounded like they were flagging towards the end.

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

Agreed, I thought it was great. And also agreed that the break is the greatest invention in podcasting.

I have to admit this is the first time I've actually heard Tim's voice. He sounds way different from what I imagined.

What were the two gaming podcasts that Tasha mentioned? Are they any good?
Brainy Gamer is pretty good, and certainly very interesting; its called that for a reason. Can't vouch for Experience Points, though.

This podcast made me want to give out hi-fives like the end of a buddy cop movie.

Can't vouch for Experience Points, though

I listened to the latest Experience Points on grinding in MMOs. A little dry, and nothing I hadn't thought before.

I'm generally down on company podcasts. I'm not convinced they can have the same breadth or perspective an independent podcast has. Tim Schafer is the man to do it though.

I'm generally down on company podcasts. I'm not convinced they can have the same breadth or perspective an independent podcast has. Tim Schafer is the man to do it though.

The Bethesda Podcast featuring Nick Congrats Nick Breckon is pretty good.

It was nice. There's a lot of room for improvement of course, it felt awkward a lot of the times, like the people don't really know yet when to butt in, and there's a lot of time spent laughing at Tim's jokes. But that will sort itself out, a better balance is bound to arise once they get more 'casts under their belt.

As a first attempt, I give it a thumbs up. I want to see where it's going!

It was nice. There's a lot of room for improvement of course, it felt awkward a lot of the times, like the people don't really know yet when to butt in, and there's a lot of time spent laughing at Tim's jokes. But that will sort itself out, a better balance is bound to arise once they get more 'casts under their belt.

Aye! :tup:

The occasional awkward silence... laughing at their own jokes... cool discussion...

This is basically Idle Thumbs 2.0!

I'm sorry, but I beg to differ. From the get-go, Idle Thumbs was a lot more animated, it had a lot more "stuff" per minute happening. It was, perhaps, just as fumbling in the beginning, but in my experience a lot less awkward. Which, I hope you'll understand, isn't a knock on the Double Fine podcast.

Finally listened to it. I was hoping for more hardcore Doublefine information, but it was still a nice podcast where it never got uninteresting. It was kind of like that interview with whatever site Tasha and Tim did a couple of months ago.

All super laid back though. I don't know if that's a problem but it makes me too relaxed when I usually listen to these things to help keep me from getting distracted at whatever task I'm supposed to be doing.