Orv

V The Elder Scrolls

Just finished the civil war quest line. Damn that was a boring one.

Dark brotherhood is now also in the pocket. The only things left: thieves guild, the circle stuff (but I don't want to be a werewolf). I think I'm missing 1 dedric quest. And I need to get married. I might also try to find the 4 missing gems in a box, but I probably will use a guide for that.

The challenge is a bit gone now. I can just come in and start swinging and walk to the end of whatever. It's actually a bit annoying when I have to swing twice to kill something.

So I think Skyrim has about 100hours of gameplay in it, I'm currently at 113 hours.

It's time for Bethesda to release the toolkit so that people can create new stuff for the experienced player.

The final part of the Thieves' Guild quest can get boring, the "bring the guild back to glory part", you have to do a bunch or random quests until you unlock a special quest in each major town.

Fortunately, they quests can be very short, one of them had me pickpocket someone who was standing right of the entrance of the Guild!:mock:

I haven't played much, when I get my backlog under control I'll probably get back to get to the game.:gaming:

So I think Skyrim has about 100hours of gameplay in it, I'm currently at 113 hours.

Doing every quest i've come across, i'm at 200.

The game really changes a lot when you reach level 51.

YEMD28MMtNg

The game really changes a lot when you reach level 51.

I love it when people do these videos, it's always hilarious to see the 'realistic' mechanics of videos games in real world situations.

My copy just arrived. From what I have gathered it seem that I'm not writing my master's thesis this spring after all.

You know what, I think I might be done with Skyrim. It would be a little sad not to "finish" it but I just can't see myself getting back into that kind of time sink. Haven't played for weeks.

I can already see this game feasting on all the free time it can take. However, 30% of that time is spent on the pretty but stupid menu system. Any way to make the inventory, you know, not completely broken?

Yey! Thanks! I'll test it next week.

Any other must-have improvements I should know about?

There are a bunch of character visual quality enhancement mods made by a guy called Xenius - this is the collected mod.

If you only want some parts of it, all the ones that are integrated should be listed on that page. I thoroughly recommend at least getting the Detailed Faces & No More Blocky Faces segments.

Thanks guys! I installed SkyUI, Enhanced Distant Terrain and No More Blocky Faces. I'll probably try some of the other ones later.

The awfulness original UI still boggles the mind. SkyUI is a huge improvement, but even with it installed, the inventory system just doesn't compare to other games.

Apart from that, I'm enjoying this game surprisingly enormously. I can see why so many people and sites picked this as their GOTY. The sense of place (?) is second to none in my opinion.

Has anybody in this thread noted that Charles Martinet is the voice of Paarthurnax?

Mind = blown.