Sign in to follow this  
Squid Division

Lead and Gold

Anybody get this game? It's up on steam for about $14, if you preorder it and you get into the beta now. It's basically a Western, miniaturized TF2. I like it a lot because unlike every other PC shooter, I don't totally suck at it. Giantbomb has a quicklook of it up that's fairly representative.

If you do decide to get it and there aren't any servers up, create one. For some reason people aren't making any servers so the ones that are there fill up quick. It's P2P for now, but for the full release it will be dedicated servers.

I'd buy it on PC and play it with you in a heartbeat if I thought my computer could run it, but I only have a basic laptop. That said, I'll probably get the X360 version...anyone else interested in that?

How old is your laptop? Mine is 4 years old and it can almost run it at 800x600. I'll check the specs and post them here in a bit so you can compare.

How old is your laptop? Mine is 4 years old and it can almost run it at 800x600. I'll check the specs and post them here in a bit so you can compare.

If I can run it, I'll most likely buy it on Steam...hurry with those specs, though...because I've had a few beers and I'm most likely to make online purchases after a few beers(Sorry, life thread. I know I said I was trying to quit, but I haven't quite succeeded yet).

ok this is for a computer which will NOT run Lead and Gold, but isn't TOO far away from being ok on 800x600

Duo Core 1.83

1.5 gigs of RAM

ATI Mobility Radeon X1300

Here are the minimum requirements that look like they should be able to run the game really well.

Processor: Dual-core processor (Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon X2 5200+ 2.6 GHz)

Memory: 1.5 GB RAM

Hard Drive: 2.0 GB free space

Graphics: DirectX 9.0c/Shader3.0 compatible, VRAM 512 MB (NVIDIA GeForce 7800 series or ATI Radeon X1900)

Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound cards

DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c

Hmm... Might well be worth a try...I bet I could get it running with 3D analyzer...to be honest though, I'm mostly a console guy (although I feel very insecure about it and often wish I were a PC guy) so I'd probably rather play it on X360. Then again, though, most thumbs will probably play on PC...

Well if it's worth anything, I'm very much the same, I'm awful at every online shooter on PC and can only ever manage as a Medic on TF2, but I'm actually doing pretty well at this game. Might have something to do with the more accurate weapons and only being 5 vs. 5

I bought it. It's been a while since Beta actually meant Beta and not "glorified demo". I've been enjoying it, from what little I played. Once they add dedicated servers I'll probably start playing more. With only P2P so far, it's been an absolute lag fest for me.

14 Bucks has been the perfect price for this game so far. :yep:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that this game had monthly fees. Confirm/deny?

Never heard anything like that either... DOUBLE DENY!

So is this any good? It caught my eye because of the western theme but I was a bit wary.

Edit: I just ended up buying it because 13 dollars is nothing, and the giant bomb preview looked interesting enough.

Edit 2: Electric Boogaloo: Pretty fun game, dunno how long it would last, but it's definitely fun to blow away people with a six shooter while having Ecstasy of Gold playing on repeat. Lag can be annoying, but I managed find a few smooth games.

Edited by Brannigan

picked it up for PSN.

It's ok. I got my $15 worth out of it, but without some kind of progression/customization carrot, I can't see myself sticking with it over, say, Uncharted 2 multiplayer.

There are some nice touches to it like that fact that you can shoot out the lights on the night-time fort map. And the classes are reasonably well balanced.

picked it up for PSN.

It's ok. I got my $15 worth out of it, but without some kind of progression/customization carrot, I can't see myself sticking with it over, say, Uncharted 2 multiplayer.

There are some nice touches to it like that fact that you can shoot out the lights on the night-time fort map. And the classes are reasonably well balanced.

This is possibly the saddest thing I've ever read.

I got the game a few weeks ago (on PC, of course) and enjoyed my time with it. But I'm waiting for dedicated servers before I pick it back up again. Too much lag for now.

I fucking love the setting. :3 And the different classes are good fun. (Though I mostly stuck with the gunslinger 'cause I love me some gaddamn revolvers.)

This is possibly the saddest thing I've ever read.

Don't get me wrong, the moment-to-moment gameplay is fun and I've already ploughed 8 hours or so into it, but there aren't that many maps and some of the game modes don't really interest me. I like the zone-capture one and the symmetrical grab-the-gold and the shootout just fine, but I'm not a fan of the one side attacks/other side defends modes.

Besides, uncharted 2 multi is pretty good in its own right. Not just because it has a progression system. Don't knock it 'till you've tried it.

I said nothing about Uncharted 2 or its multiplayer! Those are words I didn't say!

!

Having that carrot is probably nice, but to outright stop playing a game just because there's no leveling system or whatever other nonsense developers are putting in their competitive shooters these days... It makes me cry to think about. Look. I am crying. )':

I haven't played since he Beta because of the lag. The game is amazing and I love it, but they need to get the dedicated servers up soon or it might get lost forever for me. Especially with Red Dead coming out in two weeks.

I'm with Twig. I wish I could say something to make him feel better, but I just can't.

Yeah I picked this game up when it was in beta. It was really fun but the lag is what made me stop playing it. However, if they have added dedi servers I will totally jump in with some thumbs. Also I love the setting, but then again Sergio Leone is probably my favorite director/person of all time.